Traktor 3.5.3 Apple M1 multi processor now usable?

clouston
clouston Member Posts: 11 Member

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but can you now use multi processor as opposed to single core without it locking you out of launching afterwards when you go to launch again in a future session?

I assume that's what the 3.5.3 update has addressed but it doesn't actually state that you can now use multiple processors within Apple M1 silicon as far as I can see.

Thank You for any help on this.

Best Answers

• Simon Rolfmore
    Simon Rolfmore Member Posts: 10 Member
    Answer ✓

Given that the issue was a complete lockup of the app at startup, with an easy fix (editing a config file), I decided to just YOLO it and turn multicore processing back on for my M1 Max in 3.5.3. It seems to work just fine, from 5 min of playing about, and Traktor is insanely snappy.

I realise that's a million miles from an official answer, but it does seem to be completely fixed for me.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @clouston it's still recommended to leave multi-core disabled, even with the latest version (3.5.3). The latest version of Traktor (3.5.3) has it disabled by default.

Answers

• Simon Rolfmore
    Simon Rolfmore Member Posts: 10 Member
    Answer ✓

Given that the issue was a complete lockup of the app at startup, with an easy fix (editing a config file), I decided to just YOLO it and turn multicore processing back on for my M1 Max in 3.5.3. It seems to work just fine, from 5 min of playing about, and Traktor is insanely snappy.

I realise that's a million miles from an official answer, but it does seem to be completely fixed for me.

• clouston

Thanks for sharing Simon. I’ll give it a go and see how it goes too 👍🏼

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @clouston it's still recommended to leave multi-core disabled, even with the latest version (3.5.3). The latest version of Traktor (3.5.3) has it disabled by default.

• muthafunka
    muthafunka Member Posts: 23 Helper

Just to be clear as I haven't looked in a looong time and I'd rather hear from the horse's mouth - will Traktor actually basically run without major problem on an M1 Mac (albeit in Rosetta mode right?)?

• clouston

Well so far I have had no problems yet on my M1 Pro (not M1 Max) Apple silicon 14" using single core or multi core enabled in this latest version 3.5.3. On the previous 3.5.2 release, intermittently I could get it to load up with multi core enabled but it was definitely hit and miss. Obviously this is when I started looking to see if others were having the same issue and found this was a problem with multi core enabled and not just my own set up. On 3.5.3 I recorded a 2 hour mix on single core with no problems and have also tried just having a jam for a few hours multi core enabled but not recording and didn't suffer any sound drops or stutters like 3.5.2 did occasionally. It also closed down fine and reloaded with multi core enabled but as you can see above, an official post above states you should really keep it in single core for now.

Hope this helps others :)

• muthafunka
    muthafunka Member Posts: 23 Helper

great, thanks for the actual user experience insight, glad it's working out. I'm not M1 yet but maybe not too far off.

• MIDI Marc
    MIDI Marc Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    edited March 2023

I've always had it on, no issues with it. M1 Traktor 3.8. 3.9 will have Apple Silicon Support - can't wait!