Options
2»

Comments

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 903 mod
    Options

MK3 has two ports:

1) For simultaneously data and power

2) For auxiliary power if the first port is not able to provide adequate power (e.g. a USB-A port)

These are not two separate issues.

I cannot make available such a list. I can simply advise if symptoms present how they should be addressed.

• Matthew_NI
    Options

This narrative simply isn't factual. I know how frustrating this is - but please recognize that the shortcoming here is specific to the USB-C implementation in certain hardware, and not the peripherals that are affected by the shortcoming.

As I've stated - it is to do with communication protocols in the chip breaking down, which can affect the transfer of whatever's coming down the pipe (USB-C cable).

Also, we are not talking about a lot of cases. We are talking about a small number of cases handled either here in the forum, or via our customer support channels, or both. The number of unaffected customers is exponentially larger.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,191 mod
    Options

Thank you Matthew_NI much better that you yourself clarify than my 'attempts' , though I hope that you do not think that I have given reason to any 'opinion becoming misinformation' here...

• Matthew_NI
    Options

I don't think any one person has done any wrong or is at fault whatsoever - not you, nor anyone else. Everyone is only trying to help, and also express their warranted frustrations. I just want to make sure things are clear is all.

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 621 Pro
    Options

@Matthew_NI

Thank you sir, for your patience and persistence. It is noticed and it is appreciated.