S4 Mk1 Driver not working and website won't let me download

ermac4482
ermac4482 Member Posts: 7 Member

So I have a mid 2011 iMac running Mac Sierra 10.12.6 with the Native Instruments Control S4 Mk1 ( the first one) and Pro 3. Works great . I have a mid 2012 MacBook Pro running the same Sierra 10.12.6 but when I go to the NI downloads page to re download the driver Mac 10.9-10.11, I get error "404 Not Found" .It give me the same error when I try to download the Mac OS 10.8 Driver.

So I tried to download the earlier versions for Mac 10.6 ,10.7 . It lets me , and I Install the DMG File. Restart and it still doesn't recognize my controller which is also a sound card.

So then I look at my file Directory on my Old iMac and try to port over files. There is one in Midi driver called plugin, then another in Library extensions , and some Plist files in Audio. Still doesn't reconize my controller . Probably because I never installed it correctly because I could NOT download it from the website. Does NI not let you download that anymore . I even tried to download the driver on the Ni website from My IMAC which it already works on that and I still get the same error. How do I get this driver ?why won't it work when I port the files over ? Did I not find all the correct files to bring over? Also because my Laptop is Mid 2012 will that effect not working with a driver that is listed as 10.9-10.11 ?

Best Answer

Answers