Native Access hangs - new MacBook Air with M2 chip

Options
Tom Marin
Tom Marin Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited January 2023 in Native Access

i'm a beginner and haven't used my Mk3 in awhile. trying to get back. i recently upgraded my computer to a MacBook Air (M2, 2022) running Monterey. i tried to install the new software using the M1 Mac OS link. The software is not loading and i'm getting this message 'Dependency installation process is taking longer than normal'. This doesn't look like it's working. Can anyone suggest a solution please?

Best Answer

Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,133 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

As of now, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon M2 processors.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014683497-Apple-Silicon-M1-M2-Compatibility-News

• Dave1974
    Dave1974 Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Is that just the just the current status? cause I hope it will be available on M2 in the future, could not find anything on if the software will be available in the (near) future.

• cyberglad
    cyberglad Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

In that article there is no particular mention of m2-processor. I am running Native Access on m1 mac mini without issues. Was considering upgrading to m2, but if it's not sure that it runs ok on m2, then I won't upgrade as for now

• xtom
    xtom Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited December 2023
    Options

deleted...

• NeilA
    NeilA Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I have the same issue with my MBA M2, which is a pity.

Rest of my computers work well - M1 Studio, i9 iMac etc.