Expansions Issue with Komplete Kontrol Software 3.0

Options
13ยป

Answers

• Martin_NI
    Martin_NI Product Team Posts: 24 mod
    Options

Hey @Glenn Rueger

I'm really sorry to hear you're having issues with the latest update. Did these issues only start to happen when updating from Komplete Kontrol 3.0.0 to Komplete Kontrol 3.0.1?

Are these issues happening in a particular DAW or just in standalone mode?

• Glenn Rueger
    Glenn Rueger Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Hi Martin,

I am almost positive the problems came up after updating. And it happened both in standalone and in Logic 10.7.9. But all seems to be well now as I used the link in a previous post in this thread to click down to Komplete Kontrol 2.9.4 (Thanks!)

I also had a ticket with NI Support which provided me with the link to Kontakt 7.6.0 which I'll pop in here if that is possible, just in case it may help anyone else. For the moment I'll see how things go in Kontakt 7.6.1

Partial Mea Culpa follows...

User Error: I should also make it clear that Spitfire Symphonic Strings Professional was asking for Mural samples (it was not a Mural inst) probably because I had somehow lost the library/samples folder for Spitfire Symphonic Strings Professional. Maybe since that library came out of BML Mural it "thought" the Mural library would do better than nothing - and it did! It loaded all articulations (those that I tried anyway) and played them too.

Thanks again, Moto

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,611 admin
    Answer โœ“
    Options

Hi all, we just rolled out a fix for the issue with expansions and loops not appearing in the correct section, as reported by @LoveEnigma:

Please update KK in Native Access and let us know if the issue has been resolved on your end.

• mnovaro
    mnovaro Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

Hi everyone, yesterday I bought the Kontrol s61n mk3 controller, I installed everything and updated everything. I only see 50% of the libraries on my disk on the keyboard, whereas on kontakt 7 I see them all. If I manually open a sound from an invisible library on the keyboard I see the plugins but not the library. on the contrary, on Komplete Kontrol 3.0.2 only those that are also visible on the keyboard are visible. For now I'm very disappointed. Excuse my English I use an automatic translator. Ciao Massimo

• mnovaro
    Options

I've noticed that it depends on the view. In one mode I see the bookcases in the other mode I don't. I hope I have been helpful to programmers in solving the bug.

• LoveEnigma
    LoveEnigma Member Posts: 82 Advisor
    edited November 2023
    Options

Thank you so much for the update. It looks like the Expansions issue is now resolved. I will check it more thoroughly during the weekend and also check the 3.0.2 version behavior in Logic Pro since the 3.0 version was causing problems with the project playback.

EDIT: A quick check of the Logic Pro project (which from memory was the one in which I was facing issues with Komplete Kontrol 3.0) and I did not get the problem, so it is likely this has been fixed as well.

This update is much appreciated. Thanks to the users as well that helped to share their problems and provided the details to help resolve the issues. I will get back if I have any further observations on this. One new suggestion in the comment below for now.

• LoveEnigma
    Options

One thing I would like to point out though, which is a bit annoying, is that it is a bit clumsy to grab the scroll bar located between instrument/expansion images and the presets/loops/one shots list. Every time I try to grab the scroll bar to navigate the items (highlighted with yellow rectangle in the screenshot below), I accidentally resize the images/presets browser area (the thick white line next to the scroll bar).

I know we could also use mouse scroll wheel instead, but intuitively I often like to just use mouse left click drag on the scroll bar.

So, please take a look at this as well and hopefully a fix for the same too.

Thank you.

• mnovaro
    edited November 2023
    Options

For me nothing is solved. Even though everything is up to date, I can't see even half of my libraries ๐Ÿ˜ข I also opened a ticket with support but I haven't received a response yet. Do you have any ideas on how to resolve this?

I use windows 11 komplete 14 and everything updated to the latest version.

Thanks Massimo

• LoveEnigma
    edited November 2023
    Options

After updating to Komplete Kontrol 3.0.2, I opened the standalone app and allowed it to scan everything. However, this first time, the Expansions loops/one-shots problem was still there. So, I closed the app. Thrashed the database ("Browser data" is the name of the folder) to bin and then opened the app again. This time, the app popped up a message showing "updating tags" or something and when it was done, I could see everything fine as it was with version 2.94.

So, in short, try to open the app the second time in standalone mode while making sure you have waited for it to complete its scan when you opened it the first time.

I am on a Mac btw.

• mnovaro
    Options

Nothing still doesn't work for me. I'm almost about to give up. Assistance is not felt. Thanks for trying to help me. I'm thinking of returning it.

• mnovaro
    Options

For the umpteenth time I cleaned and installed the databases now everything works... finally ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿค— Grazie

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,226 mod
    Options

Glad that you finally got it to work ! Thank you for caring to report back and share solution !

• axiaxaren
    axiaxaren Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Rolling back to 2.94.0 after just minutes to try the 3.0!. Total draw back that 3.0 stuff, if 2.94. was not perfect but common! I understand they end support for MK1 to sell more stuff but this!

I downgraded by

1. Uninstall from control panel the 3.0

2. Download from here 2.96.0

(BTW they should have a repository for older versions of all his software)

3. Install 2.96.0 and pass all the usual installation... be careful with the installation paths of VSTs

I hope all MK1 users to be properly notified of the of support of their hardware. Guessing all MK2 owners are the next to be dumped someday. I have a guitar +20 years old that still rocks and no one has ended his support...

• RumbleMonk
    RumbleMonk Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I might revert to 2.x.x as well since Kontrol 3.x.x (I'm fully up to date) is broken. It'd be great to know what NI are aware of, and what they are working on though so I at least don't have to complain to a silent wall.