Komplete Kontrol 3.0 update is causing my system to freeze on playback?

Options
2»

Answers

• RobertDorn
    RobertDorn Member Posts: 40 Member
    Options

Hey thanks for this. For now I'm happy that reverting back to KK2.9.4 solved the problem and I can finish an album project with tons of KK instances. When I'm done with that end this week I'll check out kk3.0 with a reverted Kontakt 7.1.3 to see if that's smooth sailing too. Anyhow the latest versions of both Kontakt and KK installed is unworkable, and it seems it has nothing to do with computing power as someone above states he has the same problems on an M2 Ultra Mac Studio with 128gigs of ram.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,085 Guru
    Options

@Danthesiser

"I'm having the same problem on my Mac Studio (M2 Max) running Logic Pro on MacOS Sonoma 14.0".

You do understand that MacOS Sonoma is not supported whatsoever by NI right now?

That alone could be a major source of your issues...

VP

• Danthesiser
    Danthesiser Member Posts: 20 Member
    Options

@Vocalpoint

Yes, I know it's not supported. Everything was fine before these updates; I've rolled back. I'm not saying it's the end of the world or anything, no reason to go bold at me!

• Vocalpoint
    Options

Did not mean to offend with the bold.

Best to simply stay far away from KKv3 for the next long while until NI gets this thing working properly.

VP

• Danthesiser
    Options

@Vocalpoint

Haha! No worries.

It all seems to be working fine now with Komplete Kontrol 3; some of the Kontakt libraries need a later version than 7.6.1, but that's fine by me for the time being.

But yes, your point is, of course, totally valid.

• JohnHarbourCity
    JohnHarbourCity Member Posts: 9 Newcomer
    Options

OK so I rolled back from Komplete Kontrol 3.0 to 2.9 and had immediate extreme improvement, almost back to normal.

however in one of my songs I am running several instances of Komplete Kontrol alongside one instance of Kontakt 7.6.1.

my system froze again and complained about Komplete Kontrol.

however when I ran another instance of Komplete Kontrol instead of Kontakt, everything worked fine so maybe there are also issues with Kontakt as others have mentioned?

my questions are…

1. what is the previous version of Kontakt (the one before 7.6.1), and where can I get it?
    2. can I just use Komplete Kontrol for all my instrument tracks and just not use Kontakt altogether as a workaround?

• Danthesiser
    edited October 2023
    Options

Yeah, after more thorough testing, it seems that it's both Kontakt 7.6.1 and Komplete Kontrol 3.0.0 causing the issues.

This thread has links to 7.0.11. which might help. I'm currently trying to see if using full disk access helps, too.

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/8659/any-way-to-roll-back-from-kontakt-7-1-3

• JohnHarbourCity
    JohnHarbourCity Member Posts: 9 Newcomer
    Options

Well, I would like to download the version of Kontakt just before 7.6.1 but have no way of knowing which one that might be.

does anybody know, and can you point me to a download for it?

• Vocalpoint
    Options

That would be K 7.6.0 - and you will most likely need to contact NI to download it.

Kontakt downloads are not available publicly or in your NI acct.

VP

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,619 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi all, apologies for the issues with Kontakt 7.6.1. If you'd like to roll back to 7.6.0, you can find a download link here: