Komplete Kontrol 3.0 update is causing my system to freeze on playback?

Options
JohnHarbourCity
JohnHarbourCity Member Posts: 9 Newcomer
edited October 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

I updated to Komplete Kontrol 3.0 yesterday and now when I open any of my songs and start playback my system stops and I get an error message about Komplete Kontrol. You’ll see in my profile my system specs, how can I fix this? Or should I roll back to 2.9.4?

Best Answer

Answers

• verschel
    verschel Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Same problem here in Logic all songs had problems with random stopping playback and overload and sync errors. Went back to 2.9.4 and problems dissapeared.

Great update ;-((((

• JohnHarbourCity
    Options

Thanks mate, that’s a great help, it’s what I suspected! Everything was great til that update 😳

• Danthesiser
    Danthesiser Member Posts: 20 Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem on my Mac Studio (M2 Max) running Logic Pro on MacOS Sonoma 14.0.

Playback is constantly interrupted by CPU spikes leading to system overload error messages and interruptions. It's obviously a deal-breaker for me.

I've rolled back to Komplete Kontrol v2.9.4 and it's smooth sailing, so I'm wondering, given that I have a S61 Mk3 on its way, whether there will be a fix for this in time to use the keyboard when it arrives.

Unless there's a setting I'm missing, of course. I'd love to hear back from NI before I pull what's left of my hair out.

• JohnHarbourCity
    Options

Pretty sure the keyboard would be ok with 2.9.4 but I’d confirm first.

and thanks for confirming what I thought, I’m rolling back to 2.9.4 tomorrow.

did you follow the N.I. Guide for doing that?

• Danthesiser
    Options

I think using 2.9.4 won't bring the shiny new stuff to the keyboard, but I can work around that until such time as they patch the issue.

All I did to roll back to v2.9.4 was to download the installer and run it. Was there something else I was meant to do?

• JohnHarbourCity
    Options

They have a process I saw where you eliminate all references to 3.0 before running the 2.9.4 installer.

but I guess if you did it your way and it worked, all good!

I wonder how long before they release 3.0.1 to fix the issues?

anyway I’m rolling it back tomorrow.

• verschel
    verschel Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Don't think so. Also running the 2.9.4 installer over the 3.0 update. No problems so far.

• Edenorchestra
    Edenorchestra Member Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Same here on Apple silicon using Nuendo . . completely dysfunctional, you have to wonder how it can be so bad and yet released . .

• Well
    Well Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

How do you ‘roll back’ to v2.9.4?

• PascalHP HSMR
    PascalHP HSMR Member Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Good evening,

after updating Komplete Kontrol 3.00 on Windows 10, nothing works anymore.

None of the vsts load, then the blocking, the veiled screen appears, then the program closes.

Thanks in advance .

• JohnHarbourCity
    Options

Uninstall N.I. Komplete Kontrol Software.

download 2.9.4 and reinstall

• GBManager
    GBManager Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I have the same issue with the new KK3.0. It's crazy, everything spikes and stops. Can't use KK or any NI software until this is fixed. If it takes long time for there to be an update, I'll roll back. I have a Mac Studio M2 Ultra with 128GB RAM.

• KnoxvilleTim
    KnoxvilleTim Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Where can we get the earlier 2.9.4 version? I'm not seeing an option for it on Native Access.

• B.Minor
    B.Minor Member Posts: 178 Advisor
    edited October 2023
    Options

Just go to the beginning of the thread "Komplete Kontrol S series MK1 keyboards End Of Life", there you will find NI's official DL links.

• Danthesiser
    Options

It looks to me, upon closer inspection, that it's Kontakt 7.6.1 that's causing the issues, not Komplete Kontrol 3.0.0.

Just did some exploratory testing and found that Komplete Kontrol 3 works fine with synths, but not with Kontakt instruments.

I would recommend rolling Kontakt back as per the link below.

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/8659/any-way-to-roll-back-from-kontakt-7-1-3