Maschine Plus - Drop outs when changing scenes (MAS-29716)

Options

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@MaikR It's just a beta for the next M+ update, I don't want to give you false hopes here. are you intersted for the beta?

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 170 Advisor
    Options

If you mean an update to the software for the current M+ then I would be pleased to get an invite!

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@MaikR Ok, added you to the list.

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 170 Advisor
    Options

Didn’t get an invite, yet. Or is there also some action required from someone NI?

• S Righteous
    S Righteous Member Posts: 148 Helper
    Options

I am not a beta tester, if I have time I certainly can help, so send the invite. But my work schedule is quite variable and I may not have much time in the next few weeks.

• Acidizer
    Acidizer Member Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Can I get the beta?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Acidizer Yes, added you.

• Jiglo
    Jiglo Member Posts: 154 Advisor
    Options

Looking at buying a second M+ to hopefully become a beta tester, but just checking I can be added to the list first before parting cash? @Kaiwan_NI

• maxmatteo
    maxmatteo Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

@Kaiwan_NI please add me to the beta list too

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

Friendly advice, not sure what you're expecting out of the beta but if getting access to it or not is a dealbreaker into your decision to buy an M+ you might want to think about it a little longer... All you really get in the beta is a bit of early access to fish for bugs and even that is only when there's actually something to test, which isn't very often.

• Jiglo
    edited October 2023
    Options

Really appreciate the advice. I thought we were on the cusp of some forthcoming 4th quarter firmware?

As it's kind of a secret, unlike say Abe beta testing - which sometimes feels like months before that becomes an official release, yet is openly talked about, I was hoping to get in on some new features without risking my current M+ and the 150 or so projects i've got on there.

I have currently got an M+ in my cart though, but now i'm wondering if there is anything to test.

• D-One
    edited October 2023
    Options

Oh, you already own one and you're considering a 2nd one? OK.

Betas never seriously broke anything for me in about a decade of testing, theres not much risk, at least of losing projects (you should have a backup of your SD regardless). Worst case scenario theres a bug on a beta that might cause a crashing, a broken feature or two, or the chance that new projects aren't retro-compatible... In such cases you can always downgrade the M+ OS to it's public release until the next beta version is available - albeit this is not always provided and/or straightforward.

I have currently got an M+ in my cart though, but now i'm wondering if there is anything to test.

I can't answer that but since everyone is getting accepted I guess you will soon find out.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,356 Expert
    Options

@D-One wrote

Betas never seriously broke anything for me in about a decade of testing, theres not much risk, at least of losing projects

That may depend a bit on how seriously you’re working with the beta software. My take on it is: If you’re not using the beta in your regular workflow, you won’t find the important bugs or annoyances. But it usually slows you down and you have to take precautions to be prepared in case of desaster, however unlikely it may be.

IMO, the most aggravating thing besides losing a project could be the necessity to reset the M+, because that means the favorites database will be erased. And there’s no way to back up or restore that.

• D-One
    edited October 2023
    Options

True, altho the reset possibility happens by just regular device use, cant say I remember anyone having to do it over a beta, seen tons of users having to resort to it here on the public forum.

Regardless betas aren't for people scared of having their workflow interrupted, I'd say getting into potential problems is the whole point of being there, find bugs, issues and report them.

• Jiglo
    edited October 2023
    Options

Well, my thinking was to use the new beta on another M+ as my main music making device. Keep the other M+ in case things are a little too problematic for me. I would naturally report things that weren't behaving as expected and relish the new features that I would use.

I've used betas and updated software many times with various gear over the years. Sometime they have messed up projects, usually when they lose a link to a feature or sound, or change an fx algorithm or something.

Didn't know we could go back to an earlier m+ os. Always nice to have that ability