Problem: Crackling when playing m4a ITunes music files in Traktor pro 3.7.

Options
13»

Answers

• Ulli
    Ulli Member Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Thank you very much!

I finally found the qlm files and did all the steps from delete, copy and paste.

The fluctuations with some m4a files still exist. 

For comparison I loaded the same song once in m4a (deck A) and wav (deck B).

The wave pattern in deck A (m4a) is much flatter in presentation than deck B (wav). 

Too bad that problem when playing m4a files is not fixed but has changed.

Beta version: No more crackling when playing m4a files, but fluctuations (highs & lows) are

and prevent a good quality sound.

The soul of the songs is lost!

How to proceed now? 

I will have to continue converting music from ITunes. 

Or is there still a solution suggestion?

• cabanu
    cabanu Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem with Traktor Pro 2 on windows 11. My entire library is in Itunes Match so it's all M4A. When I listen to the song in other programs (including virtual DJ and MIXXX) it's all working fine. Is there allready a solution available? I'm not planning to upgrade to Traktor 3. Traktor 2 support my needs. I have a payed license.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,360 Expert
    Options

I doubt they will be updating Traktor Pro 2.

You could upgrade to Traktor 3 Pro or convert the files into another format.

• cabanu
    cabanu Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Then it will be end of life Traktor for me. I'm using it three times a year for a party. On my backup pc (still win 10) it's working fine.

It's impossible to convert all the tracks (90k+ for now) since it's iTunes match. Mixxx it is I'm afraid.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,360 Expert
    Options

Mixxx is great. Plenty of ways to customize it.