Messages from TRAKTOR

Comments

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

Ideally there should be an additional Layout that minimizes other Decks leaving only the browser section visible.

This sounds like a dedicated controller to Remix Deck sequencer. If this means that we will get note repeat, velocity per step, more bars, pattern recorder, slice-to-remix then Traktor will be a drum machine. The sequencer is missing a visual indication currently so that could be coming as well.

• Valentin Cristescu
    Valentin Cristescu Member Posts: 12 Member

GREAT NEWS ! THANKS 😍

• MichaelK_NI
    MichaelK_NI Product Team Posts: 60 mod

Let's say ... you will not need a 5 channel mixer to make use of it. #saidtoomuchalready 😄

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,358 Expert

Oh man, that sounds fantastic.

I just switched to traktor (s4 + F1) and use the remix decks a bit. But though about it would be cool to have an easy to use drum machine. I know it's already possible with remap + own sample. But something that "just works" would be cool. I don't want to search for sample to download etc.

And yes, please please please work on the collection browser. See Rekordbox or the open source tool "OneTagger" for inspiration.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

MichaelK_NI Just don't forget to add the MIDI Mode (looking as S4 mk3, S2 MK3 and S3).

Otherwise the controller will be useless out of Traktor.

Also, I know you cannot answer every question but yeah, hopefully there will be mappable Slot Pitch Adjust in that update.

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 259 Guru

To be honest this actually makes me less interested, because I won't use the feature🤣

I use Traktor with a Xone 96 and a TR8 on one of the return channels, because I don't want to use one of the Traktor decks for drum samples.

Sorry if that's burst your bubble, but like I said previously it really feels like the Traktor team are just tinkering around the edges of their pet projects and not focusing time and energy on improvements that people have been asking for, for yeaaaars.

• MichaelK_NI
    MichaelK_NI Product Team Posts: 60 mod

Let me just add one more comment 😁 on this topic. @leesinthemix we also kept your kind of setup in mind when designing the feature. In my previous post i just wanted to highlight that most users will be able to use the feature without the need of any additional hardware or 5+ channel mixers ... BUT if you do have something like a Xone 96 we got you covered with a setting that will allow you to keep the same routing that you are mentioning above. 🙌

• gillster11
    gillster11 Member Posts: 19 Member

Great stuff can't wait to see the new update and hopefully be able to use it with my existing S4 MK3 which in my opinion is still an amazing piece of kit that never had the chance to reach its full potential so hope with the new Traktor update coming will revive this controller to the status it deserves.I understand new hardware people wanna see but honestly the S4 MK3 is amazing

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 259 Guru

Keen to see how it's being managed then.

Are you guys planning any changes to how Ableton Link works by any chance?

Currently we can't have the master clock follow the BPM of a deck, like you can on Serato.

I use a Wolfmix W1 in conjunction with Soundswitch for my event lighting.

The Wolfmix has Ableton Link functionality, but currently I have no way to sync it to Traktor, due to the current limitations of how Link functions.

Because of this, I use Serato for these types of gigs, but I would love to switch back over to Traktor.

• gwebbyuk
    gwebbyuk Member Posts: 4 Member

+1.

As I said earlier in the thread, I love the S4 mk3, but it's gathering dust now for various reasons.

• gwebbyuk
    gwebbyuk Member Posts: 4 Member

I think something like this was possible before when using the Midi Fighter Twister. It used the sequencer that was inbuilt to it and linked to a Traktor remix deck.

• Michael Mashup
    Michael Mashup Member Posts: 25 Helper
    edited April 2022

Traktor is still my go to platform every time and would pay double or triple for it but never a monthly subscription model as with all the other software going these days, the drum machine thing to me is a novelty toy at best and wouldn't be used in 99% of the time like my 3 stems i purchased and the interesting but never used remix decks, I am usually using two decks even three or four deck mixing is quite rare, I dont want to be offend and this part of the forum probably isnt the place and dont want to argue about proccesing settings like headroom and the limiter... but here goes my complaint always is that there isn't enough low end and overall warmth from Traktor 3. There is a degradation in sound quality when played in Traktor compared to the other media sources, there's a lack of bass like the signal is being washed out and not the natural sound of the track, it makes me crazy and would love someone from the Native instruments to explain or simply say im talking nonsense, the elastique 3 keylock to me is hit and miss and cannot be trusted and is always switched off, maybe the izotope intergration can do a better job, browser improvements would also be very welcome and to have the one of the best features of the program the spectrum waveforms on all the hardware. Long live Traktor.

• Dj Mayo
    Dj Mayo Member Posts: 16 Member

Please some hardware for mobile dj… my s2 mk2 works great but want some new piece of hardware. Possibly with timecode integrated 😎

• Demus
    Demus Member Posts: 153 Pro

With all this said. Question....will the new coding be base off the universal coding of Traktor DJ 2. So, we can have multiple OS version being in sync with each other if you go from one OS to the other and maybe be a pear down mobile version for cue point creation and playlist building and tagging. Or is it something entirely new. Can you also get smart 2x sync in the new update please. Looking forward to the new hardware and software after the full reveal. Either the fans will love it or they will complain.

This discussion has been closed.