Messages from TRAKTOR

Options

Comments

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,286 Guru
    Options

Excited to imagine what is ahead in light of the Soundwide reveal... in particular the "JUCE-y" formation of Sound Stacks!

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru
    Options

Yes I think we’re getting close to the TP4 Pro drop. Bit of activity building.

• fonsiedisraeli
    fonsiedisraeli Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I would have purchased the s4mk3 if it worked with the the iPad app, but sadly they removed removed this feature from the mk3 model. I posted about this in the old forum and it was deleted by admins. see https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/837/messages-from-traktor/p10-results

• Iceman the Dj
    Iceman the Dj Member Posts: 29 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

After testing rb and return to traktor, I find a fing I'm missing. The wave form preview in browser and the easy way to prepare next set. Just click in the preview waveform here and there and decide if the track is good for next set.

I know, I know... 🤣 I just mapped to keyboard to make it easy in traktor. That's why I love it, I can customise it how I want...

• Xander DLS
    Xander DLS Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I hope the upcoming updates would be more focused on their customers (us, Traktor DJs) and not only for the company's financial gain.

I wasn't able to participate in the survey but if they will push thru with the Subscription Model, they better give us a good number of reasons to why we should stay with them and not to migrate to other DJ Softwares (who are already very ahead in terms of new features).

My wishlist:

1. Live Stems Separation (for live remix, mashups, scratch, wordplay, tone-play)
    2. Music Video Playback (for clubs who require DJs to play Music Videos and for Mobile DJs who use Music Videos in there DJ Services)
  • Ejub Petrovac
    Ejub Petrovac Member Posts: 26 Advisor
    Options

I like the design of these deck controllers, but I wouldn't remove TT mode (as it's the main reason I bought the S4 MK3) and I would keep the 8 performance pads as they are on the S4 MK3 controller (RGB, fully translucent and bigger if they could fit there). The additions of separate loop in/out, key shift and pitch bend buttons are great. Bigger screen is also cool if implemented properly (they could take some of the user created mods and implement or improve on those). Haptic feedback could be completely removed because I can't see the actual use of it in any kind of way (and I tried to find it useful really).

That type of mixer just isn't my personal preference because I'm a hip-hop DJ and I would prefer battle style mixer, but and improvement in the crossfader area would be great (maybe Innofader instead of the stock crossfader).

Cool designs tho, really good to see someone designing mockups like these.

• sjenkin
    sjenkin Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

I like these mock ups, however screen above the jog wheel for sure and def larger.

I really enjoyed the screens on my D2s, not having to look at the laptop was a game changer, but if they were a little bigger and slightly tilted forward they would have been so much better.

When are we going to start seeing leaks of the real product(s) they are working on?

Please please let it be modular controllers!

• coreli
    coreli Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Any updates if there's going to be Tidal integration after code has been reworked? eagerly waiting for that ... ;)

• gillster11
    gillster11 Member Posts: 19 Member
    Options

I'd say it be coming soon in next big update and after adding beatport with last major update I'd imagine the coding is in place already for more streaming services

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 259 Guru
    edited April 2022
    Options

They've already said no more streaming until the codebase has been significantly changed, so I'm not sure we'll see it in Q3, maybe end of Q4 2022/start of Q1 2023.

I am literally desperate for Tidal, but there were SOOO many bugs when Beatport/Beatsource integration was introduced, so I don't blame them for wanting to take time over the next one.

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru
    Options

I really hope Tidal comes. It’s just the all round best. Has most requested tracks you would ever need and in high quality.

• T.Side
    T.Side Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Thank you NI for sharing these insights with the community, please keep us informed! I hope the Flexible Beatgrid, TIDAL integration and USB export function are coming soon! I would be happy to see a standalone version of S4MK3 and a new version of Z2. ;) Fingers crossed

• Demus
    Demus Member Posts: 156 Pro
    edited April 2022
    Options

1. The survey - would like the see the data from this just to be transparent. Number 1 most requested to the least requested.

2. Subscription - More specifically, this means that we are committed to respect the status quo and in near future will offer new, additional options to engage with TRAKTOR at different price points and for different needs. (I like this answer because I prefer to but out right and pay. Own the product if I am paying money for it.

3. Codebase: So is this new code base the same universal code base that was introduced by Traktor DJ 2? Or has that project been abandon for something new for Traktor Pro 4 with a new code base. Does this mean no more update on the current code base that is Traktor Pro 3?

4. Hardware: waiting to see what this new hardware will look like and yes we know that it might not make everyone happy.

Also, I found this to be very interesting.... (but we want to share with you that you can expect news soon on FX and a drum machine module. All other requests, such as flexible beatgrids, browser improvements, or further streaming services have been heard as well and they are on our midterm roadmap too.) Why I found it interesting because izotope has a drum machine called breaktweaker 😀 could it be 🤔. A really sick drum machine plugin. So, does that mean we will see something major on Traktor Pro 4 before June (Midterm) and the rest of stuff from June to December time frame?

• kosta x
    kosta x Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

According to the official traktor update status thread in this forum:

"Please note: This is not the update delivering general native Apple M1 support, which is scheduled to come in Q3/2022."

Most likely a July launch for the new Traktor Pro and hardware.

This discussion has been closed.