Pattern Player Ideas

2»

Comments

• daveb124
    daveb124 Member Posts: 84 Helper

Also I was lucky enough to have a go on a behringer TD 8 (808 Clone ) at home yesterday and took the chance to compare the pp samples to the (almost) real thing through the same mixer as my Traktor setup. No comparison the TD 8 sounded much better, even at high volume. So yeah I think there is something lacking with the sample output especially on the kick drum and the decay.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,654 mod

Great idea. It could be implemented using the "Deck Play" modifier. If a deck is stopped then display the Pattern Player output.

• Sacco Naz
    Sacco Naz Member Posts: 128 Advisor

I was really looking forward to the Pattern Player... but after trying it sad to say it's really strange... kinda goofy... sound is cheap...and pretty mush the same as a remix deck... Plus you lose an effects unit.... I just can't understand how NI with all its survey content decided to put this feature as it's number one priority...?

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

Implementing a pattern sequencer for remix decks could had been a better approach IMO. Also dedicated outputs for remix decks rows and stem files in stem deck if you ask me…

Remix decks grow over sampler deck and has scratchable control over the content. Pattern deck is outside the playhead control AFAI understand… so we are again doing the Bridge mistake with nudging cutting the sound or so? It makes no sense to me and even more when pattern sequencer was implemented in D2/F1 time ago (not sure if official or third party)

No need to waste fx unit or add clumsy GUI. Just improve remix decks or build maschine deck for one shots and these kind of random drumming…

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,562 admin

Hi all, please make sure to suggest one idea per post only: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/5468/ideas-submission-guidelines

I have to close this post, sorry that it got slipped and was open for votes for a month already. Feel free to create a new post for each idea instead.

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

Implementing a pattern sequencer for remix decks could had been a better approach IMO. Also dedicated outputs for remix decks rows and stem files in stem deck if you ask me…

Remix decks grow over sampler deck and has scratchable control over the content. Pattern deck is outside the playhead control AFAI understand… so we are again doing the Bridge mistake with nudging cutting the sound or so? It makes no sense to me and even more when pattern sequencer was implemented in D2/F1 time ago (not sure if official or third party)

No need to waste fx unit or add clumsy GUI. Just improve remix decks or build maschine deck for one shots and these kind of random drumming…

This discussion has been closed.