Help us improve this new community - share your ideas and feedback💡

Options

Comments

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 377 Pro
    Options

Will the new community/forum support Tapatalk at some point?

• GoKeez
    GoKeez Member Posts: 79 Advisor
    Options

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but is there a way to sort the forum posts so the ones users have clicked on (interest) are prioritized? Currently, posts are sorted randomly and based on font hard to tell which is read/unread at quick glance. Having all the read posts grouped at the top will make browsing unread easier.

id also like to have a pinning 📌 option for threads I’m following closely or contain important info I’ll need to reference again.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,117 admin
    edited January 2022
    Options

This is coming as far as I can tell. The option to sort discussions by newest, most recently active, top, trending ... and also a bit after the ability to filter discussions by tag, type, status, keyword.

Keep in mind that if you are interested in specific categories, you can also use the following filtering already.

As for pinning, that's pretty much what bookmarks are or am I missing something?

• GoKeez
    Options

Ah ok, so bookmarking will pin a thread to the top and keep it there? I’ll go take a look.

• Matt_NI
    Options

Ah no it won't pin it on top of the discussion page but it will save it in your bookmark essentially.

• GoKeez
    Options

Ok…. Yeah I really like pinning things. It’s like sticky noting your computer monitor for priority info. Very useful. Please consider with future sorting updates.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,363 Expert
    Options

The main menu seems not logical to me. It’s a combination of places in and outside of the forum but without indication.

Categories is in the Forum and lists the forum categories of which some are the products. And there seems to be no clear hierarchy.

Products leads to the main website… which is unexpected.

• ozon
    Options

Freedom for Tags! 🌈🦄

Please let us use any tags we want instead of having to choose from a very restricted list. Drop down menus with suggestions are great and help to find tags which are common or often used.

Try to trust users a bit. People like to gave their content tagged properly because they know the benefits. Instagram is the living proof.

• ozon
    Options

Capability to add Social Media links including Metapop and Soundcloud to the profile.

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 432 Pro
    Options

Guys, is the notification spam mail thing fixed? I mean, why would you send an e-mail for every single new reply? I switched off all notifications and it is not my ideal setting....

• ozon
    Options

Capability to get notifications for (aka „follow“) Tags, like Categories.

• Rhythm Droid
    Rhythm Droid Member Posts: 22 Helper
    Options

Thank you so much NI team for revamping the forum. Excited to participate more.

How can I say this in a polite way?

Everything looks lovely, except, those awful mis-shapen people with small heads on the home sreen. Please, please don't fall into the cookie-cutter "don't represent humans who look like humans" design fad. It's worse than played-out. It looks like you selected the graphic from a nameless "build your own website" template, or worse yet, hired an intern to do your design, who then selected it from a template. I guess "brand experience" doesn't mean what it used to...

Thanks for hearing me out. Everything else seems lovely.

• JFP
    JFP Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

Quick comment, @Matt @ NI.

There's an issue with the mobile version. In Safari (I'm on the latest iPhone, latest OS) the posts are correctly displayed, but we can't see the comments. We only see the page count for the comments, but not the comments themselves. (Here's a screenshot of the bottom part of this page)

• Matt_NI
    Options

This isn't really about trust but trying to make sure we have an organised system. Tags are helping us measure different things and without consistency, it's gonna turn into a hot mess. We're happy to add tags if you have any suggestion but creation is only available for admin / mods.

• Matt_NI
    Options

Can you send me a screenshot of your notification preferences via DM? We're not seeing this on our side. Personally, I've only turned on email notification for DM and it seems to work.

This discussion has been closed.