Ask Kontakt 8 creators anything

Comments

• toneyrome
    toneyrome Member Posts: 35 Helper

When creating a new Leap, how do I change the picture?

• Rob Ainscough
    Rob Ainscough Member Posts: 61 Member

What are you using for a CPU? I do a lot of audio processing and have several computers from AMD 9950X to Intel 12900K and none of them being stressed at all, CPU usage is very low (DP11, Cubase 13, Mixcraft 10.5). Only "delay" I had was with Ozone during "live" keyboard work which ironically went away with the AMD 9950X (not sure why)?

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 1,284 mod

Have you tried opening Kontakt standalone and performing a re-scan?

• Matthew_NI
    edited October 1

As mentioned in the initial post - this AMA runs until October 4th.

You can submit questions up until then.

We will continue to answer them up until, and potentially even beyond, then, until most are answered.

I am going to delete the few comments that precede this, as there's no merit to neglecting the details of the initial post, or indeed speculating that we won't.

• NI Forum User
    NI Forum User Member Posts: 2 Member

Thanks for the update. So far, I do like it. I have the impression (but I may be wrong) that libraries load significantly faster. And I have found that, now,, I am turning to Kontakt more often than in the past (which is a good sign).

Request: Could you make the "Classic View" just as dark as the "Default View"? Maybe this could be implemented by a toggle in the settings menu?

And, of course, in the long run: real GUI resizing would be much appreciated.

• NI Forum User
    NI Forum User Member Posts: 2 Member

Oh, and just another one: UP/DOWN (=PREV/NEXT) arrows for the list of presets? Or, are they already there, and I have just not found them?

• Chayell
    Chayell Member Posts: 18 Member

I've done a hundred different scenarios.
    Rescan from within KONTAKT 7 is a very unclear procedure. and does solve a portion of the problem
    It doesn't make sense that NATIVE ACCESS, KONTAKT, KOMPLETE have their own indexes.

• Shanald
    Shanald Member Posts: 6 Member

Will we still be able to access the scripting features with Kontakt8 that we currently can with Kontakt7.

My decision to upgrade depends on the answer to this question as a majority of my projects require microtonal scripts or notes-per-octave options

Specially, will we still be able to access a window that looks like this with these functions?

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,618 mod

Will we still be able to access the scripting features with Kontakt8 that we currently can with Kontakt7.

As long as the instrument is unlocked then yes, as this shot from the Abbey Lane Vintage Drummer shows

A lot of the new libraries don't allow access to any of the editing even under K7, but the older ones still seem to.

• Shanald
    Shanald Member Posts: 6 Member
  • Matthew_NI

What portion of the problem remains, then? Also - have you a support ticket?

• Beatsandmore
    Beatsandmore Member Posts: 83 Helper
    edited September 30

Do you have to scan libraries in each tab?

Instruments, combined,tools, Leap, tools and one shots.. because I am finding more presets and libraries on when i scan in each tab if that makes sense.

• Simon A. Billington
    Simon A. Billington Member Posts: 111 Helper

There's a lot of posts here, so please forgive me for not having enough time to read through every post and asking a equation that someone else, or several people may have already asked…

While, we were made aware that you can drag and drop samples onto Leap within the Kontakt 8 environment, I was wondering if we were also able to drag and dropping samples from an external source, such as a folder stored on another drive?!?

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,618 mod

@Shanald Yep, the screenshot I posted was from K8

• Philipp_NI
    Philipp_NI Product Team Posts: 12 mod

Hi, thanks for the question!

With the first Version of Kontakt 8.0 and its new sidebar browser view you can search within a selected product. We aim to extend search functionality with upcoming releases.

Regarding your question on the library previews we will follow up with an answer.

This discussion has been closed.