LesL 0.3 is out now! [Repost]

cs5947
cs5947 Member Posts: 28 Member

Reposting this because I forgot to add tags.

I’m looking for reviews, constructive criticism and ideas for my LesL 0.3 ensemble, which was just released yesterday night. You can get it here at this link. https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/14451/

It’s an ensemble designed to emulate the rotary speaker via physical modeling, more specifically the Leslie 122/147 cabinets. It’s meant to be used on Hammond organs, but it also can be used on guitars, electric pianos or even acoustic pianos!

• Here is the changelog for all the stuff that’s changed:
  • The UI has undergone large changes. The logo is now placed in the center, and the X/Y position of the rotors are placed on each side of the logo, similar to that of an actual Leslie cabinet. It also features 1 large input meter at the right, and 2 large output meters for the left and right channels respectively.
  • The acceleration-deceleration fader units were changed from logarithmic envelope time to linear time in milliseconds.
  • The Debug sections were changed drastically. Last time they only featured the X and Y position of the rotors, now they also feature the speed (slow/fast) and rotation angle.
  • In a real Leslie cabinet, the sound normally only comes out of 1 horn (the other horn is a dummy used for counterbalance) but in LesL v0.1 it featured 2 horns to create the chorus/phasing effect. LesL v0.3 only features 1 horn now, and the chorus/phasing effect is created by mixing the dry signal with the spinning signal to produce a more realistic chorus.
  • Tremolo on the Horn no longer alters the volume, but adds a lowpass filter and alters the cutoff. Basically, it sounds a little warmer and more natural.
  • The cabinet reverb was completely rebuilt in Core, now being called RoomVerb. I designed it to adress the fact that CabVerb had a metallic, echoey sound.
  • The early CabVerb featured 3 diffuser delays, the new RoomVerb system has 7 diffuser delays that are randomized to create a more convincing reverb.
  • I decided that the Monoizer section was useless and I removed it, to replace it with a 'Testing' section. It lets you test the module with white noise, or a parabolic sine wave at 440hz.
  • In the past, the Overdrive affected only the Horn signal. Now it affects both the horn and the drum.
  • Speaking of Overdrive, I also gave that a big overhaul. It now lets you select 3 different modes of drive.
  • NoLimit basically just changes the gain, Arctangent sound strong and warm, and Clipping sounds harsh and brittle.

The download is at the link above, and it also includes the old version (v0.1) for comparison purposes. It also features a demonstration of a song from the B4-II!