NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,365 mod
    Options

I am not a Reason fan, neither i have any of those, but yeah, I agree with Mercury, greatful for all your great work and efforts! 🙏

• jakx92
    jakx92 Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Here's the automap that Maschine made when I opened it up. It gives you some basic controlls.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pqzlagit4zrca9b/Galactic%20Reverb.nksfx?dl=0

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,778 mod
    edited April 2023
    Options

Thanks but everyone will have that when they open it up in Maschine or Komplete Kontrol anyway - it's the default way params are arranged as decided by the developer. The question is (since I don't have this reverb) do you find this arrangement satisfactory or do you think it can be improved on? If you think it can be improved on then you can edit your own controls in the plugin param editor view which I have shown here.

To make the default layout editable you click the lock icon on the top right and then it will show the button icon next to it, click on that and it highlights the param that can be changed - you can click from one to the next to alter them if you need to and add additional user pages if required using the +. To edit it either mouse on the knob in the plugin gui you want to go there, or select the desired param from list of all params which you find if you mouse towards the top of the param selected. Once you have a satisfactory layout save that as a .nksfx file as you did before and that can then serve as your template for saving each of the patches from the plugin one by one by loading them into your plugin saved with your template layout.

Apart from that creators of NKS patches usually also create some thumbnails and NKS integration files but you don't need to worry about that as anyone of us can do that without needing the plugin and we can walk you through it later once you have got the basics down.

• jakx92
    Options

@Kymeia Sorry, but I'm blind, and we don't have access to the part of the UI that changes the mapping. For us anyways, it's easier to open plug-ins without NKS files in Maschine than it is in Komplet Kontrol, which is why I thought it still might be useful to somebody. But to answer your question as to how I feel about the mapping, the first page looks okay, basic reverb unit controlls. The thing is, I don't know for sure what it's missing, and the automap made junk pages and parameters that would probably need cleaned up.

• Kymeia
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi no problem - you have nothing to apologise for. It's a pity that part of the interface is not accessible. I hope that someone here does have that plugin and can provide a completed NKS template which should make it more accessible for you.

• Sunborn
    Options

dear @jakx92 i checked it, out of curiosity and... it's extremely simple.

Look at it, all it has is just 11 controls, which means just 1 page on Maschine/Komplete, plus 3 more knobs on a second page. There are no hidden parameters, or anything else. It is one of those cases that, a custom mapping is really unnecessary. In my opinion at least... :-)

• Sunborn
    edited April 2023
    Options

...and here is the auto-map preset you upload, opened with Notepad

As you can see (in the areas that i marked in red), ALL 11 parameters (plus a "bypass" knob) are here. Nothing is missing, though the configuration is not really optimal. However if it is really necessary for you, there are few members here who can change the parameters order with a Hex Editor for you. :-)

• jakx92
    Options

@Sunborn Glad to hear it got all the controlls. I guess it makes sense that the interface is very simple, since it's supposed to emulate an old hardware reverb unit, which would only have a few knobs. I noticed too, when I loaded the nksf file, that the preset didn't save out the junk pages I mentioned earlier. Thanks for looking in to it.

• Steven Kaufman
    Steven Kaufman Member Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Kymeia,

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. But when i use the NKS presets for both FF One and Twin 3, I do get the presets just fine, but not the previews. So, in the end, I'm just flying blind about what I have to install and what sound it will make.

Again, the gui, the controls, the presets work well, just no peviews. I've demoed many of your excellent presets without any problems. Only happens o em with those 2 FF synths.

Thoughts anyone?

I'm on windows 10, using KK as a vst wrapper for Pro tools 2021.12

Thanks

Steven

• Kymeia
    Options

Sorry but I'm not sure anyone has done a complete conversion of FF Twin 3 VST3 including previews yet have they? I remember someone doing the presets for the VST2 version but I don't think that had previews and I'm afraid I'm not sure who did the FF One either as I don't have that on my system. Still I can check out the VST2 version and see if it does or if not I can probably generate some myself

• Sunborn
    Options

You are not doing anything wrong.

Both One (this, is my work actually) and Twin3, have NO previews! :-)

• Sunborn
    Options

Actually i have some previews, but only for the sub-bank Best of Twin 2, which i took from the old Twin2 VST2. The presets are the same so, the previews are fine too. Just drop them on this folder (Best of Twin 2)... It's not much, but... :-)

• Kymeia
    Options
  • Kymeia
    edited April 2023
    Options

I was looking for a couple of useful quick EQs for KK and Maschine with immediate interfaces and good sound and these are the 2 I like the most

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qe9o2pg67jxhu7f/Boz%20Digital%20T-Bone%202%20VST3%20NKS.zip?dl=0

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 217 Helper
    Options

I know this is the user library thread so apologies if this question is a little misplaced here, but does anybody else have this issue with the official NKS factory bank in u-he Repro 1/5? It appears the macros are all bugged out (only one showing), but I do not have this issue with the third party maps or the maps titled Factory 1.1, or in Repro 1 case, folder titled 1.0. For some reason all of the Repro 5 factory presets are coming up as 'DefaultP5' Please see attached.

I figured most of the best brains for this query will be here. Any insight would be welcome. :) Thanks in advance.