NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 411 Guru
    edited April 2023
    Options

I've got a few things on the go after some travel for work was finally finished.

SA Recordings - All VST3

Alev Lenz - 3

Acoustic Shadows

Estatica

Landfill Totems

OPW

Soectrum

Only Speculative Memories from SA Recordings has official NKS Compatibility, so I thought I'd do the others. You can ignore the Spitfire keyboard, because they've coded a few of these incorrectly, so the sample actually play below the highlighted keyboard area.

99.99% of Spitfire's NKS Ready/Compatible Libraries are VST2 (Speculative Memories from SA Recordings being the only exception I can find). They're also quite poorly done. I've redone a few others as VST3, so I'll upload those in the coming week.

An example is Polaris. It's literally the base support you could give for NKS Compatability, but it's classed as NKS Ready, with 90% of controls ignored, and lazy tagging, at best. The VST2 version doesn't even allow you to save presets (it's a VST compile issue), but they provide a VST3 that does allow saving. I'm not sure if their QA is up to scratch, to be fair.

That said, some excellent low cost, small libraries amongst these.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/jyp81x7i2yevcmryg3xsb/h?dl=0&rlkey=42zl86fd3jxv8vz2j4mybuk6e

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,373 mod
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Diam you're welcome :-)

I wish i had the patience to make the 2000 presets as well, but i don't. I do have infinite time but not patience to make so many presets one by one.

@Mercury thanks a lot for Saurus! I have version 3, not 4 but hopefully your presets might work with some modifications :-)

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    Options

Awesome work!

• Kymeia
    edited April 2023
    Options

I'm busy at the moment on a project I can't share yet (yes this is on Apple Silicon in native mode)

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,618 Expert
    Options

I've already gone to the trouble of making a full library.

• Sunborn
    Options
  • jakx92
    jakx92 Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

@Sunborn Can you do Galactic Reverb next?

• Sunborn
    Options

Unfortunately I do not have that plugin, neither i intend to buy it (since i already have a few quality reverb plugins), so, no i can not. Sorry :-)

• Kymeia
    Options

You are welcome to do it though - for such a simple effect it shouldn't take long

• Kymeia
    edited May 2023
    Options

OK I guess I can share what I have done so far but for now Komplete Kontrol still needs running in Rosetta mode to load Reason Rack VST3 (unless you are also on the Reason beta for Apple Silicon which I can't say any more about for obvious reasons)

I ended up making templates for my most used devices to help me with testing stability in KK (Native) but they seem to also work fine in Rosetta - these are only any use if you intend to use a single device in KK like a standalone instrument but I do that a lot so find them useful. I have also been saving out my favourite patches as NKS but there are too many for me to save them all (and not all are worth it imho) - so this is just the templates and resource files for:

Algoritm

Complex_1

Europa

Friktion

Grain

Malstrom

Parsec

Resonans

Scenic

Thor

Macro Synthesiser

Subtractor

Monotone

PX7 FM Synth

I'll probably do some of the other devices and maybe also some effects but these are the ones I use the most. Mappings seem a bit temperamental, I find if I am cycling through Reason patches for the instrument loaded and it hits a combinator patch it breaks the connection with KK and I have to reload the template, also some patches do this, not sure why. Best to save out what you like best and what works to the KK browser - enjoy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ydp7qt2k72ogc7p/Reason%20Rack%20Plugin%20VST3%20NKS%20templates.zip?dl=0

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 88 Advisor
    Options

I don't own these plugins but I must thank you for all your efforts ! I'm very impressed !

👍️

• Sunborn
    Options

I am not a Reason fan, neither i have any of those, but yeah, I agree with Mercury, greatful for all your great work and efforts! 🙏

• jakx92
    Options

Here's the automap that Maschine made when I opened it up. It gives you some basic controlls.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pqzlagit4zrca9b/Galactic%20Reverb.nksfx?dl=0

• Kymeia
    edited April 2023
    Options

Thanks but everyone will have that when they open it up in Maschine or Komplete Kontrol anyway - it's the default way params are arranged as decided by the developer. The question is (since I don't have this reverb) do you find this arrangement satisfactory or do you think it can be improved on? If you think it can be improved on then you can edit your own controls in the plugin param editor view which I have shown here.

To make the default layout editable you click the lock icon on the top right and then it will show the button icon next to it, click on that and it highlights the param that can be changed - you can click from one to the next to alter them if you need to and add additional user pages if required using the +. To edit it either mouse on the knob in the plugin gui you want to go there, or select the desired param from list of all params which you find if you mouse towards the top of the param selected. Once you have a satisfactory layout save that as a .nksfx file as you did before and that can then serve as your template for saving each of the patches from the plugin one by one by loading them into your plugin saved with your template layout.

Apart from that creators of NKS patches usually also create some thumbnails and NKS integration files but you don't need to worry about that as anyone of us can do that without needing the plugin and we can walk you through it later once you have got the basics down.

• jakx92
    Options

@Kymeia Sorry, but I'm blind, and we don't have access to the part of the UI that changes the mapping. For us anyways, it's easier to open plug-ins without NKS files in Maschine than it is in Komplet Kontrol, which is why I thought it still might be useful to somebody. But to answer your question as to how I feel about the mapping, the first page looks okay, basic reverb unit controlls. The thing is, I don't know for sure what it's missing, and the automap made junk pages and parameters that would probably need cleaned up.