NKS User Library

Comments

• Steven Kaufman
    Steven Kaufman Member Posts: 17 Member

Kymeia and Sunborn,

Not sure if an identical note i just posted was not loaded correctly. But either way, thanks to you and Sunborn, Chrustos and Riam and others for literally spoiling me. I didn't see any previews with the FF One and Twin 3 and lo and behold, a day later , you've done them

Just too much. Thank you.

As i use Pro Tools, effects processor vst presets ( verbs, delays, channel strips) are just not of practical use to me. But I thought the least I could do was install and test them out for you. The PIA focusrite and SSL( i think it was) work just fine in windows 10, The galactic and galaxy as well. Just very appreciative.

Steven

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,727 mod

Thanks glad you appreciate them

• Kymeia

I've added some alternative and nicer graphics thanks to Diam to the ZIP so you have a choice

• Kymeia
    edited April 2023

I've added 3 more templates now to this - for Subtractor, Monotone and PX7 FM Synth (tbh the PX7 is a bit rubbish as not many parts of the interface are available for automation - however it is useful for saving NKS presets of patches from I suppose)

I'm debating what else is worth doing in Reason from the instruments. There are a few simplistic SoundIron instruments that I rarely use and don't have a lot of params anyway, same with the Umpf stuff. Mimic is great but has 8 layers to map which would make for a huge template plus I think it works best in the Reason DAW but not so well in the rack. Same with Kong. Layers isn't much use. The Samplers and Dr Rex I never use these days. Frankly Reason comes with some amazing instruments and RE addons but there's also too much filler. Maybe the Radical Keys/Pianos though, they are pretty good?

• Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 98 Helper

I've done a few Reason things, mainly Refills. But I add FX REs so I can map those too, eg reverb and delay, etc.

I think that will be something I eventually do with Maelström, the samplers, and some RE Synths etc, and just pick the best patches. To much work to do so the meh presets with OGG files and I'm using KK as a way to curate the patches.

If you use the stock R12 FX others will be able to use it and putty things in a Combinator can be a way to clean things up a bit more as you just put in the FX knobs in the Combinator that you will map in KK.

• Kymeia

Thanks yeah I'm just curating favourite patches now - no point in saving everything. I wanted to have control over individual devices though so I can treat them essentially just as plugins but I think I have done enough now for instruments apart from maybe the Radicals

• Kymeia

Here's a nice new granular pitch shifting delay with wild modulation capabilities - Dedalus Delay - this includes all presets, tagged and sorted into sub banks, and NKS integration resources

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxgkwuacu3ix0kw/Aqusmatiq%20Audio%20Dedalus%20Delay%20VST3%20NKS.zip?dl=0

• jakx92
    jakx92 Member Posts: 32 Member

I'm interested purely due to the James Joyce reference.

• Kymeia
    edited April 2023

Good reason in itself :)

btw my bank for Padshop - Excursions - is full of Ulysses references (mainly Molly Bloom)

• Steven Kaufman

HI Kymeia,

So, I tried out you 3 generate vst 3 presets.

Although I clearly have the generate vst 3 in my correct folder and it shows up in KK software, when i click on your presets ( which appear very well done and have previews) i get that deaded " couldn't load the plugin " loser error. Anyway, thats' been my progress to date.

Jason's are designed for vst 2 and require a version above 1.2.1. I can't seem to satisfy that in vst 2. For some reason, the versions i keep getting are vst 3. So who knows.

Please let me know or perhaps others could chime in and let us know if they have figured this conundrum out. Again folks, I;m working in windows 10, so you never know.

Also, if I can bother the group.

Did anyone ever complete a set of NKS vst 2 or 3 presets for Blue 3. Papen still hasn't completed them yet.

Thanks in advance

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,326 mod
  • Kymeia
    edited April 2023

Thanks for testing - I was afraid this might happen. I guess we'll have to wait for the version I have to come out of beta. They should work then.

• Steven Kaufman

Thanks. I just cheked again with Papen. It's been soon for quite a while on his end. Anyway, you're very busy and very generous. If you get around to it, I'll keep an eye out

Thx

SK

• Kymeia

The problem Rob has with Blue and all his products is it would be relatively easy to generate patches for the VST2 - you could even use PresetMagician as they are compatible with it I believe - but that he hasn't enabled migration in his products so they would be useless for the VST3. He either needs to enable migration (which would be the sensible thing) or redo them all again for the VST3s.

• Kymeia
    edited April 2023

Another NKS conversion for Audiothing - this time their crazy Formant Filter 'The Orb' - template and presets with this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kn4lld3t8ugjgy4/Audiothing%20The%20Orb%20VST3%20NKS.zip?dl=0

btw they have a sale on at the moment