Trying to find support for incredibly slow download speed from Native access about 10k a second!!

Options
sobekwani
sobekwani Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi,

Any ideas on why Native Access is sooo slow today - New computer, wanted to install NI products but so far installed one expansion of 17mb after 6hrs! - Tried on old computer (PC) and another (Macbook AIR) too and still slow speed. Checked on ookla and get 350mbs so connection is fine and other installers eg izotope can download in good time so not sure what is happening with Native Access - Tried disabling firewall and proxy as suggested but no improvement and as other apps are fine, that makes sense - So seems to be Native Access problem or are there issues on the servers with overload - ? Can you please help -Cheers Perry

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,962 mod
    Options

Some standard things to check are if a wired connection helps if you are on Wifi , also try if using a VPN to connect to a server in another part of the world helps. And of course you also want to check the general speed of your own network connection when if it happens !

Otherwise my only suggestion is that you could try asking N.I. Native Access and Installation Support !

Please refer to the page : How to get in touch with our Customer Care or read my Support page functionality changes post here !

• wasabikun
    wasabikun Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I am in Manila, Philippines and just bought a KK S88 MK3. Keen to install and run it. It tells me I need to install a driver worth 326MB. It took me 6 hours (!) to download it. I am not even trying to install all the other updates. I am on a 800 Mbit/s connection that works fine, as proven by those speeds reached easily when downloading from other servers.

I think NI should just get their priorities right. They can't publish updates to their products, worth several GBs, and expect us to keep our PCs running for days on end, to complete all downloads at 10-30K/s!

• sobekwani
    Options

Thanks for your advice - Have not tried the VPN idea as do not have one - but I am downloading from Hong Kong so like wasabikun - maybe its an issue with Asia downloads - Speed checked while downloading and was around 300mbs on ookla. Interestingly at the same time downloaded a 150mb package on the izotope downloader whcih took around 2s and within that time my download on Native Access hadn't changed at all so < 1mb. Maybe bad timing for Asia users - started at around 3pm HKT and now 1am HKT so start/middle of EU day but not sure if that is the issue.

• sobekwani
    Options

OS is Windows 11 (new machine) or 10 or Mac 10.15 (old machines) all seem to exhibit the same slowness - so don't think it is computer related -

• sobekwani
    Options

Updates which may help

1) In HK evening time most downloads are slow - but I tried downloading 9 Massive expansions all about 20mb - mostly 10k speed but one was instantaneous -

2) In HK morning much better success rate at least 50% is quick and very quick so 300mb file in seconds -

So it looks like one or more of the servers serving Asia users has problems/overloaded in Asia night (maybe shared with US/EU users). In HK morning much better so maybe not so overloaded.

Anyway downloaded about 40% of apps so slowly getting there. Best if you can check those servers and my incoming requests - done some today too eg Jacob Choir was fast but Reaktor 5 was very slow