Routing individual Stem Tracks in Traktor 3 (Traktor S8)

Options
Reumann
Reumann Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hi, i'm currently trying to output each individual stem of a STEM Track running in Traktor 3. I couldnt figure out a way to access each individual stems audio to further process it while it plays and only when the volume is up.

Does anybody have an idea how i could achieve that? And if it is not possible at all with traktor 3, does anybody know a way or a software what i described could work?

Many thanks in advance!

Tagged:

Answers

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,156 Guru
    Options
  • Maxray
    Maxray Member Posts: 26 Member
    edited April 7
    Options

I recently went back to the Maschine MK3 manual to refresh myself about certain functions. In the chapter concerning Send FX, there's quite an extended explanation of using groups to build effects chains, and using the sounds as individual effects, that can be routed any way you want, because each sound has it's own output and 2 Aux channels, it allows you to route in parallel. They talk about how Maschine has much more control over multiple functions by doing it that way, especially automation. Because each sound module in the group allows for more MIDI and audio enhancements, including the ability to cue each effect independently during live performance. The group channel, then acts as the control channel for all of the loaded effects and can even be saved as an Effects Chain file. There is some discussion in there about routing to external instruments, in and out. You should give it a read and see if it helps!

There is also some discussion of using Maschine also to route your channels through as a live performance controller for your other devices and decks, since it has it's own audio matrix. I don't know if it will help, but it got me thinking?!