Solve this Maschine challenge!!

Options
6xes
6xes Member Posts: 667 Pro
edited February 22 in Maschine

This challenge is solely for the purposes of seeing who among us can think outside of the Box

the challenge is this....

Run 4 decks on VirtualDJfree, isolate a "single stem" off each track whilst playing in realtime and feed the output each of the isolated audio stems into 1 of 4 Maschine sound slots

the virtualDJfree version to utilise is build 7831 or higher....

you may use whatever plugin, application or method you wish for routing etc... but you must use the virtualDJfree build of 7831 and isolate a stem from each playing track which must come through 1 of the 4 input channels while other decks are still playing

edit: the playing tracks on each deck must have different elements... in other words you cannot use a single drum track and claim you have isolated it!!

edit:the playing tracks must have stereo elements... so no playing a mono track with all its elements panned to the left side or right side!

just as a first tip: to get 4 decks up and running on virtualDJfree use the blocks extension

Comments

• 6xes
    edited February 22
    Options

if enough people show interest in this challenge i may throw up a prize of a single maschine expansion for the winner..

provided NI forum administrators have no issue with this challenge taking place....

the idea behind the challenge is to make people think outside of the square!!

you may collaborate collectively on here... to highlight to others what issues you need to overcome etc

as a side note... i have solved this challenge and if people are able to think outside of the square, this will open people to trying different methods to get around barriers!!

please register interest as i wish to place a time limit on the challenge to be solved!!

i will allow for 5 days for people to register interest and another 5 days to solve it... if more than 10 people register interest in the challenge i will put up the prize of a single maschine-expansion to the value $49usd for the winner who provides proof & solution that they have indeed overcome the challenge!!

any clarification... please ask

• 6xes
    edited February 22
    Options

i want to also add that the solution must prove that the stems of each deck can be swapped to show stem-isolation being routed to each of the maschine sound slots!! in other words all maschine sound slots must be heard proving stem-isolation is taking place simultaneously!

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,182 Guru
    Options

Hmmm, well first of all it's not possible to configure separate stereo outputs for each deck on the free version.

Without a license all you get is master & headphones - two stereo channels.

Also you do not need the Blocks skin (if that's what you mean by "extension") to have four decks.

• 6xes
    Options

as i mentioned above i solved this problem!! giving myself full control of stems...

that said... it wouldnt be a challenge, if it were easy!!

• 6xes
    edited February 28
    Options

okay im dropping this challenge, as no interest has been shown, bar one individual....

...in any case

if you ever wanted to know how to get the four channels throughput for Stems.... it involves using a VST like Bluecat connector audio or perhaps sonobus(havent tested sonobus)

but the idea revolves around bypassing the master and routing out by means of the VST

now you know!

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 848 Guru
    Options

Yeah that was all way above my head. I haven't messed with Tractor or any free DJ software. I'm download it to check out though.

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 848 Guru
    Options

Now for the next challenge, who can desolder the Intel Atom processor from their Maschine+, reball the chip and resolder it back on the card??? Any takers? 🤣

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,311 Expert
    edited February 28
    Options

If the prize is a new M+ to substitute the one I messed up, I will have a look at it…😂

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,311 Expert
    Options

The idea of these kind of challenge wasn’t bad at all (btw: I doubt Bluecat connector was the only way).

Problem is that your thread has been buried by the tons of help/support/ not working things threads this forum has (yes, even if they don’t want to admit it, this is a support forum….although support given by other users), and therefore users probably didn’t even had a chance to notice it (if I didn’t, I’m sure vaste majority didn’t too…)

• 6xes
    Options

i got the reaction i was wanting with pktheDJ... thinking it was not possible... and admittedly i thought that too for a long while...

that was until the build version ofVDJfree made using VST's alot more accessible

• Reumann
    Reumann Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

Maybe a little bit off topic but: Im currently trying to route each individual stem of a stem track in traktor 3 to a separate output. Since your challange isn't too far off this whole topic i thought I'll ask if anyone has suggestions how to do this.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,182 Guru
    Options

The stems are all contained in one file though (on one deck, which has one output).

You could extract the individual parts from the file then play them on separate decks...

• Reumann
    Reumann Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

Thank you a lot for your answer!

My goal is to play and handle them as one track while outputting each stem sound separately to use the output for touchdesigner.

I could of course just target specific frequencies but that doesn't really work well.

• 6xes
    Options

Hi, Reuman

if you are trying to route stems out from VirtualDJfree... into Maschine

you need the virtualdjfree build 7831 or higher.. the reason for this is, these builds allow you to use VST's to bypass the master and route the stems out per deck...

Bluecat Connector VST3 provides a routing solution to post stem routing, at which point any the stems of any VDJ track can be routed out via the Bluecat Connector VST and then received inside a Daw that can host the same Bluecat VST to receive what it is sending... it is very straight forward... once you have the routing figured out... you can save presets on the VST for recall.. which is handy

with Maschine of course save a group with the preset on it... so in theory you could just load the group up with the Bluecat routing ready to go..

you'll figure it out... if you get a hold of the Bluecat connector VST

goodluck