Maschine group ableton setup issues

Options
thronechild
thronechild Member Posts: 10 Member

I’m setting up to trigger maschine groups and sounds by external midi.

I can setup and it works with one external ableton track per midi channel triggering 16 sounds in a group. Or I can setup to trigger using group midi input set as a drumkit, but I can only trigger the active focused group and only with midi channel 1.

is there a way to setup several groups so each group in one maschine instance is in drumkit mode, one group per midi channel, and then separately when I want to control a few sounds within those several groups, to set their midi channel at the sound level?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited March 26 Answer ✓
    Options

Yes.

Drumkit is an 'easy mode', it won't allow any advanced custom configs... For that, you gotta use Manual Mode.

Controlling several Groups means you have to use "Sounds to MIDI Notes" (right-click a Group>Batch MIDI Convert) this way different notes from the DAW trigger different Pads, instead of different channels triggering them - This is needed because MIDI can only have 16 channels.

Then in Ableton, your MIDI tracks must each send and receive MIDI from MAS-Plug at the appropriate channel.

My Cubase Guide is a good place to start learning this stuff: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/75/guide-cubase-maschine-midi-routing-integration/p1

You only need to replicate the settings for the first Group A1 then just change the channels for the rest. If you have Ableton 12 I can upload a quick example too, I don't have V11 anymore.

Answers

• D-One
    edited March 26 Answer ✓
    Options

Yes.

Drumkit is an 'easy mode', it won't allow any advanced custom configs... For that, you gotta use Manual Mode.

Controlling several Groups means you have to use "Sounds to MIDI Notes" (right-click a Group>Batch MIDI Convert) this way different notes from the DAW trigger different Pads, instead of different channels triggering them - This is needed because MIDI can only have 16 channels.

Then in Ableton, your MIDI tracks must each send and receive MIDI from MAS-Plug at the appropriate channel.

My Cubase Guide is a good place to start learning this stuff: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/75/guide-cubase-maschine-midi-routing-integration/p1

You only need to replicate the settings for the first Group A1 then just change the channels for the rest. If you have Ableton 12 I can upload a quick example too, I don't have V11 anymore.

• thronechild
    thronechild Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Ok, sounds good, i was trying to figure out the sounds to midi notes/channel setting and what was getting changed, is there any visual indicator when you have it one way or another?

I have it currently set to trigger a sound per channel so i will do the sounds to midi notes change and i think that will get me there. Sending in patterns from Eurorack cv to midi, oxi one and torso T-1, triggering maschine sounds. Thanks for the reply!

• D-One
    Options

No, there's no visual indication.

But in the IO Output>MIDI the Channel will be set the same for each Pad and transpose chromatically increases by a semitone per Pad, I guess that could be a quick way to check.