Registered Product to the wrong account

Options
shapeshiftersmg
shapeshiftersmg Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited December 2023 in Kontakt

Please help! My friend left himself logged on to Native Access on my computer. When I registered a new product, consequentially, it ended up being registered to his account! Now I can't register it to my own account! What do I do please help! Otherwise I have just wasted $180 for a VST I can't even use! (PS, I have also contacted the NI support chat but it just sends me to a link that doesn't work and I end up right back on the home page in an endless cycle!) I would appreciate help from somebody, anybody please!

Comments

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,227 mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

If it's been registered there's usually a 60 day period when it can't be transferred to another account. Not sure if @Jeremy_NI might be able to help?

-- Mike

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,955 mod
    Options

Since you have registered the serial to your friends account then it appears as if you and your friend should use your friends account to transfer the serial to your account !

First see if you can transfer the serial using the steps from the Buying or Selling a Native Instruments Product Second-Hand page !

If you can not transfer the serial because it is locked then contact support using your friends account by going to the following page and follow the steps below ! :

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000053657

1) Help with activation

NO

2) : License transfer ?

Yes

3) We have collected all info around 2nd hand purchases in this overview.

Doesn't help

4 Buyer or seller

Seller

5 Have you already requested a License Transfer?This question is required.

YES

6 Ok, so something went wrong with your transfer request.

Do you want to sell hardware or software?

software

7 Some licenses are not transferable:This question is required.

I still want to contact support !