NKS 2.0 - a running list of compatible content

Options

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,630 Expert
    edited December 2023
    Options

Ive already been contacted by them, not really much I can do since the suggestions I have do not line up with the "official" NKS requirements for developers.

The concern that has been raised to me by blind users is they know that official NKS is tailored towards "performance" users since TBH, not many people need more than the basic parameters (most haven't a clue what anything actually does) but blind users have no options, if they need to switch off an effect like reverb they cant simply grab the mouse and this is what I have tried to focus on with most of the performance parameters in my templates being the first few pages then everything else after, sometimes it may be 40 pages but for blind users this is a blessing and in some cases, every custom macro is labelled instead of just "macro 1"

The fear expressed to me is that their concerns (like 100% of all official NKS plugins) wont be heard and I have even developed some NKS libraries for specific people willing to pay for the custom version that are already official NKS libraries, however I just cant spend time doing this. So that is the concern that while official NKS is great, it will likely kill off the usefulness I have baked into libraries specifically for blind users.

• Chilled
    Chilled Member Posts: 22 Member
    Options
  • nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,298 Guru
    Options

In my quest to have NKS2 be a big factor in all new NI purchases.. I just "maximized" my use of the $50 holiday voucher by buying the new Desolate Guitars and Icon Bass.

Both products are NKS2.. and neither is part of my Komplete 14 Collectors Edition.

And Desolate Guitars is a smart pick because it will not likely be part of any future Komplete 15 Bundle since it is from an NKS partner instead of from NI itself.

And all the purchasing methods of NI worked quick and smooth. Licenses showed up for me automatically in Native Access within a few minutes after purchase.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,630 Expert
    Options

I'll still be supporting the instruments I have done and likely some few more I had planned already. I've had a few people contact me now asking if they can use my NKS in place of the UVI ones due to the current shortcomings, which yes you can, so will have to see over time how things go.

• SuperTRev
    SuperTRev Member Posts: 98 Member
    Options

With the size of this screen you guys could have fit the vst's themselves in there, instead of just some blown up logo banner that doesn't need to exist.

You should have made each knob page have a zoomed image of the respective section of the plugin and show the animations for the knob tweaks in real time.

"Check out this big beautiful screens." Ok, so what are you doing with this screen real estate? You're wasting it. There is almost no difference at all from NKS 1.0.

If I wanted a big fancy plugin logo I would buy a poster and put it on my wall.

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 894 mod
    Options

Perhaps it's not for you?

The design intent was not to replicate what's already on the desktop screen, but provide an alternative that makes it clear what you're connected to and controlling. And with NKS 2, provide better control over those parameters, with the new grouped navigation (have you seen this?) and the parameter types themselves showing on screen with an appropriate user experience, rather than the continuous controls you'd see elsewhere (which don't make sense for lists, toggles, etc).

We may also do more with that banner area over time.

In any case, your feedback and your critique is certainly appreciated - but might I ask that you create a dedicated thread on the topic, rather than using this thread, which is intended as status updates on NKS 2 content? @SuperTRev

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,298 Guru
    Options

@Matthew_NI Desolate Guitars from e-instruments could be added to the first post as being NKS2.

• SuperTRev
    SuperTRev Member Posts: 98 Member
    Options

This keyboard and the NKS 2 is definitely an upgrade; yes I'm happy that it's better.

But since you guys will "do more with the banner" you already know that I'm right.

I will leave this issue alone, just wanted to mention this.

• geiger167
    geiger167 Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

There were three more updates to NKS 2 this morning, 40's Very Own - Drums being one, the other two cant remember so they need adding to list :)

• geiger167
    Options

The other two were Butch Vig Drums and Empire Breaks

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,813 mod
    edited January 26
    Options

What would be more interesting for me would be a list of all NI products that support poly aftertouch, or is it the case that NKS2 support automatically equates to support for Poly AT?

• geiger167
    edited January 28
    Options

According to the Poly Aftertouch tag in Komplete Kontrol the only two instruments contained in Komplete Ultimate 14 which have this are Hypha and Vocal Colors which accounts for 480 presets out of a possible 33213 so not a very good show is it lol

Further note, banging away like a lunatic on the keys of the first 20 presets listed with this tag on these two instruments produces little to no effect to show any benefit of poly aftetouch. Native instruments really need to showcasre poly aftertouch on something more synthy rather than floaty. On something like Arturia Pigments where you can drag aftertouch to affect literally any modulation source it can lead to some crazy great sound mangling with the poly aftertouch so this feature is being massively underplayed due to lack of Native content.

• Matthew_NI
    Options

Just updated for:

Massive

The Electric Keys Collection

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,813 mod
    Options

Does Massive support poly aftertouch too?

• Matthew_NI
    Options

Updated for Schema Light release