Piano Roll Keyboard Commands Not Working - Maschine (2.17.4) as Instrument in Logic

Options
The Producer GRiT
The Producer GRiT Member Posts: 8 Member
edited November 2023 in Maschine

Hello,

I had been running an older version of Maschine and just upgraded to 2.17.4. I use Maschine as an AU Instrument in Logic. I like Maschine piano roll so I typically record through the Maschine instrument then drag the MIDI data into Logic Pro.

Before the upgrade I was able to use my keyboard commands in Maschine Piano Roll. Meaning I could use 'Command A' to select all midi notes, 'Command C' to copy, and 'Command V' to paste. After the upgrade these no longer work. That seems like an important option.

Now if I open Maschine in stand-alone (without Logic) they work. Not sure if this is a Maschine issue or Logic issue.

I understand I can record directly into Logic without using doing through the Maschine instrument, however I prefer to do it the way I explained. That way I can use ALL of the futures of the Maschine MK3 controller when needed. Then I can switch to MIDI mode if I want. A lot of flexibility for my production.

Am I missing something here? Below is what I am currently running.

Mac M1 Max

OS, Monterey 12.7.1

Logic Pro 10.7.9

Maschine 2.17.4

Tagged:

Comments

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,886 mod
    Options

I think it's not piano roll related, zero keyboard shortcuts seem to work in Maschine AU / Logic, similar issue is reported here: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/16972/copy-paste-cut-doesnt-work-anymore-maschine-integrated-in-logic

Do you have any other plugins were you can test if for example, copy-paste is working in Logic?

• The Producer GRiT
    The Producer GRiT Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I appreciate the response. Unfortunately, I don't have another AU instrument I can load where I can record into it like Maschine. I could load another and record directly into logic though.

I will say, I did upgrade from Logic 10.7.4 to 10.7.9 when I upgraded Maschine. I know when I was using Logic 10.7.4 and Maschine 2.14 (I believe this was the previous version but don't know for sure) I was able to use the keyboard commands.

It is annoying have to manually select them all, right clicking and copy\paste.

I wasn't sure if it was a Logic or Maschine issue but I thought I would try here first.

Again, I really appreciate the assistance.