Logic Pro X crashes with new Kontrol S61 Mk3 - Constantly

Options
124»

Answers

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 921 mod
    Options

We do hope that Apple fix the issue soon.

• ini4
    ini4 Member Posts: 25 Helper
    Options

I can’t blame NI for this. The latest version of Logic has been very buggy. Even Logic’s drum machine designer causes the MIDI driver to crash when I select a different drum sound from their library browser. Ableton Live is looking more appealing.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,305 Guru
    Options

What is the technical issue that needs to be fixed by Apple that is causing the problem?

• Sensorian
    Sensorian Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

I’m not sure if this is spectacularly helpful but I received my S88 yesterday plugged into new M3 MacBook Pro running Sonoma out of the box.

Had the problem with Hardware Center that I’ve posted on elsewhere but sorted that eventually and ran KK on Logic and Kontakt flawlessly.

Tonight I’m getting the crash problem described in this thread on both KK and Kontakt when I change to some of the newer instruments.

I find it strange that it worked just fine yesterday but not today and I don’t believe I have changed anything bar doing some system tidying earlier today.

Very odd.

Only thing I didn’t try was deleting the CS file recommended here as my system doesn’t appear to have that file.

• Matthew_NI
    Options

This is not information I am allowed to share - but it still persists and is why we've not yet shipped Sonoma support for Kontrol S MK3.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,305 Guru
    Options

Thanks for responding to this.. it was just a curiosity.

• Gauss
    Gauss Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I was to open another discussion but let's try first here.

I'm using Sonoma 14.4.1, Logic 10.8 and Kontrol S49 MK3. If I knew about what Mathew wrote I wouldn't buy for sure this keyboard but Oh well, let's hope for solutions.

I followed the suggested solution to close Logic, shut down my keyboard, delete the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file, start again Logic, etc and Logic will always crash when I try to open Kontakt 7 inside Logic as plugin no matter what. I remembered it worked just the first time, but I got no sound, however I could see keys and chords being registered, when the plugin was closed and then whenever I try to open it is a no go, Logic crashes and the whole computer restarts.

I can use Kontakt 7 standalone and that is nice, but I wonder, I'm still on my Trial for Logic, should I try another DAW and which one would people recommend in this same situation?

As for more solutions, is it possible to use Kontakt 6? I saw on another forum that it is possible if I ask for it but I don't know where I should contact for it. Can someone point me please?

For me to downgrade from Sonoma is not an option, I use my Mac for more than Logic and I don't want to mess with it, anyway my Mac already came with Sonoma preinstalled. Also, I'm not considering getting rid of the keyboard, I can't send it back, any other suggestion?

• Matthew_NI
    Options

The only option is to wait for Apple to fix it.

• timk
    timk Member Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Now if we knew what the specific issue with Apple is we could all go and nag them directly too. 14.5 is in public preview I believe - do we know if this resolves the issue?

• Matthew_NI
    Options
  • ini4
    ini4 Member Posts: 25 Helper
    Options

In my testing of Logic 11 and MacOS 14.5, so far the bug with Kontakt 7 and the Kontrol MK3 seems to be solved. Finally.

• Matt_W
    Matt_W Member Posts: 31 Member
    Options

I just updated MacOS to 14.5 this morning, and just saw the Logic 11 release and will update that as well and see if this fixes it. It's been 7 months.

Will have time later today to test it out and report back here.

• Matt_W
    Matt_W Member Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Interesting, this appears to be fixed now!

Here are my version numbers, for anyone who's also been facing this issue:

MacOS Sonoma v 14.5

Logic Pro 11.0.0

Mk3 Keyboard S49n, Agent Version 1.5.5 (R14), OS Version 1.5.5

Kontakt 7.10.2

Happy Day ahead I believe 😁

• timk
    timk Member Posts: 22 Member
    Options

All,

Looks fixed too - well done everyone.

Mac OS Sonoma 14.5, Logic 11.0.0 and Kontakt 7.10.2.

I did try on 14.5 before Logic 11 was released and that continued to fail, so Logic 11 looks to be the key here too.