Kontrol S-Series MK3 - Feeling like a beta tester. :(

Options

Comments

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 921 mod
    Options

KK 3.1 should still ship by year end.

We had the browser resizing ready to go, but some folk on beta pointed out some expectations for the resized state to persist across instances, and so we're almost done with that, and then hope to get it out.

We also just shipped a firmware update to the MK3 keyboard itself. We've been busy!

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 640 Pro
    Options

KK 3.1 should still ship by year end.

Very good and thank you sir!

We also just shipped a firmware update to the MK3 keyboard itself.

Yep, installing Hardware Connection Service as I type this.

We've been busy!

Yes you have; just like Santa's elves! Thank you!

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 418 Guru
    edited December 2023
    Options

I find it hard to believe that on windows, there still isn't an update to allow firmware installation without failure. I'm already going to be returning my S88 MK3 due to a hardware fault with one of the knobs, but releasing a firmware update, that doesn't install is ridiculous.

This time, I refuse to borrow a friends Mac to update it - it really, really should be easier than this. Yes, I've gone through all the troubleshotting steps that didn't work last time. No, I shouldn't have to do this.

Come on, NI.

• ekwipt
    ekwipt Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

I get the following message for all my u-he and Arturia plugins:

" xxxxx could not be loaded, as it may not yet support Apple Silicon or VST2 to VST3 migration.

Please contact the plug-in manufacturer for more information."

happens in both standalone and Ableton Live. I don't want to run either in Rosetta

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,864 mod
    Options

Ok let's keep this to one thread, no point in getting 3 lots of the same answers :)

• SuperTRev
    SuperTRev Member Posts: 108 Member
    Options

I tried to quote the footnote thing at the end of this thread. Something about the NKS User Library.

I checked it out but am not seeing Image Line plugins. Is that something that someone is considering doing?

• Kymeia
    Options

Not sure, I’m on Mac so they don’t really exist as plugins there and KK needs them to be VST3 as well which makes it impractical. Maybe someone on Windows could?

• Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo Member Posts: 209 Advisor
    Options

I was debating whether to get the 88 mk2 or mk3.

I think I’ll go for the mk3, I have a suspicion that in the months to come, the mk3 will become more and more superior over the mk2.

If I had one complaint, I would have liked to see faders, very handy for organs.

• Vic Angelo
    Vic Angelo Member Posts: 111 Advisor
    Options

If you are a heavy Maschine, 88 MK2 is the only way to go. 88 MK3 has zero integration with Maschine outside of generic MIDI and CC controls like any other keyboard. Except worse because there is no controller editor or midi template editor for the MK3

• SuperTRev
    SuperTRev Member Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Ok. I've ranted to Image Line several times about it. I've never got a straight answer as to why.

I've even heard there are NI execs working there now, so what in the literal F.

But they are reworking all their plugins, including the VSTi versions, so we will see how that goes.

• Kymeia
    Options

So I’ve heard, honestly it would be awesome to have Harmor working as a VST3 in Komplete Kontrol on Mac

• Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo Member Posts: 209 Advisor
    Options

I own Maschine mk3 and I do use it, but I’ve never used the integration on the mk2

• Wiseguy2006
    Wiseguy2006 Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

I think it's likely time for an official, genuine apology letter from Native Instruments. The developers have quite obviously seriously dropped the ball on the Kontrol MK3 - MUCH more than what is remotely typical of a hardware release like this. I have colleagues throughout different areas of the world in this industry - all of whom are indicating a global shift in trust of Native Instruments as a result of this. At the very least, a genuine apology and a commitment to making this right for the poor customers that are sitting on money already spent for a device with limited current functionality, well beyond typical expectations of newly released hardware.

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 921 mod
    Options

@Wiseguy2006

I think I've been pretty present, transparent and up front during the entire release cycle, and the ongoing post-release updates.

I am not sure what specific issues you have in mind when you say this, but it is very important to point at that happy users tend not to take to the forums to offer extended critique, whereas unhappy users rightly do so.

We've heard from many unhappy users, who have valid feedback about issues they've encountered, or advocacy for specific improvements to be prioritized.

But, we have an order of magnitude more (thousands more) users who've simply bought the new keyboard, installed and got on with using it and experienced no issues.

All to say - I'll continue to be here, and to keep the community in the loop with regards to what's next, but I don't quite see things as you do, and nor do we see this reflected en masse.