Previous versions of recently updated Kontakt libraries / compatibility with K6 older libraries

Comments

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 433 Pro
    edited December 2023

EDIT: Forget this post

• MrFresh
    MrFresh Member Posts: 54 Member

Yes, I've been doing this since the day Jeremy started page 1 of this thread, and I've never had any issues using the K6 versions of the libraries that NI has provided on that page. Even with the free Glaze, if you don't own it and you want to use it in K6, just take the serial number associated with your free download and add the serial number to K6 and boom...works fine. I will admit I haven't been following all the problems people have been stating in these 13 pages so far, but I've had no issues using the libraries NI has been providing AND I have been checking release notes since K7 was launched so.... Yes, people are screaming for dependency management to be instituted, but uptick then it's simple - if you want to stay on K6, check the release notes of every instrument upgrade pushed to your Native Access account and if it's for K7, don't install it...period.

• MrFresh
    MrFresh Member Posts: 54 Member

NI is not breaking anything...I fail to see why people are saying this. Libraries coded for Kontakt & do not run in Kontakt 6...period. Yes, all updates being pushed to NA are mainly for the NKS2 integration and use with Komplete Kontrol 3.x.x. This may seem as a hassle to you but simple stop blindlu downloading instrument upgrades that are for Kontakt 7 if you want to stay on Kontakt 6. Page 1 of this thread says that the libraries NI has provided in that list are for those that want to stay on Kontakt 6. There is no dependency management in place right now, don't just blindly install updates without checking the release notes when updates appear in your Native Access queue. Click on the instrument icon, then on "Release Notes" and see what version of Kontakt is required for the update. You should have no issues with current instrument updates if you switch from using K6 to K7.

• Intermed12
    Intermed12 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I tried downloading Stradivari Cello, but it says there have been too many downloads, so it doesn't allow me to access it. May you help me resolve this?

Thank you.

• Intermed12
    Intermed12 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

This is the message I get for downloading Stradivari Cello:

"Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator."

• JoWes
    JoWes Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

(Crazy question)

Can I still purchase the full version of Kontakt 6? I'm on OSX 10.14, and don't plan to update anytime soon.

Thanks!😎

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,272 Expert

@JoWes Not through NI, but second-hand. Check out this thread:

Just ask like you did here - maybe someone sells a license.

• stinxoner
    stinxoner Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

@Jeremy_NI

Hey Jeremy,

I'm still having an issue with Hybrid Keys. Downloaded Hybrid Keys 2.0.2 from the link provided, installed and relaunched Native Access, but it still won't work. I did the exact same process for Analog Dreams, Ethereal Earth and Glaze, which all worked fine.

I'm running Kontakt 7.4.2 on macOS Catalina.

Is there any chance of uploading older versions of Hybrid Keys - 2.0.1 maybe? Or open to any other solutions.

Thanks!

• MarkL
    MarkL Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi, I've just bought Valves and I want to use in Kontact 6. Can you provide a link to an older install as for other software? Thanks

• Bluebeat3
    Bluebeat3 Member Posts: 32 Newcomer

What right you have to modify my purchased packages on my computer making them unusable in projects???

Unacceptable and disgusting!

Now I have to re-download and reinstall whole load of software. Hours will be flushed down NI toilet. Only careless people can pull such a bad joke. Whoever "decided" this - I wish you get treated same way as you treat others. You truly deserve it.

• Snipey
    Snipey Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

I bought Vocal Colors yesterday. Installed it today. Tried to run it in Kontakt v7.6.1 and it refused:

"Your version of Kontakt is too old to load this file, which was saved with Kontakt 7.7.0.000"

But NA thinks that I have the latest Kontakt, it doesn't offer any update to v7.7.

I'm running NA v1.14.1 (R156) - is this now deprecated? I was trying to avoid updating NA as I had read previously that people were having problems with NA2. Can anyone advise whether NA2 is ok now on Win10. And do I just install it over the top of NA1 or do I need to uninstall NA1 first? I'm hoping that will offer me Kontakt 7.7 but I dont want to make matters worse.

Thanks.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,580 Expert

@MrFresh

😂🤣 oooookayyyyy LOL

It’s not funny. And just because it works for you, doesn’t mean it doesn’t break for lots of other users. It seems to be a complex issue with several component involved: Computer operating system, Native Access, Komplete Kontrol, Kontakt, Kontakt libraries, VST2/VST3, DAW and its project files. They all must be in some magic version combination or Kontakt doesn’t work anymore after re-loading a project.

I rarely use Kontakt, therefore it’s not much of an issue to me. But it’s irritating at least.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,272 Expert

@Snipey It should be enough to just install it over the top of NA1. NA2 works fine on my end (Win10), but if it doesn't for you then you can downgrade back to NA1 easily.

• JoeyB
    JoeyB Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I was in the deep depths of a darn breakdown, and I wanted to add some Ethereal Earth 1000 Hisses only to be met with NI saying, “Hey, your software is too old, and you were dumb and accidentally updated Ethereal Earth yesterday, and now you'll suffer.”

What in the hockey puck is this ?!

What's the workaround for this? My MacBook is to old to update to macOS 11 and I need to use the instruments I paid for.