Can't register Reaktor 6

Options
protourman
protourman Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited August 2023 in Reaktor

I updated to most recent version when prompted, which is turning into a mistake it seems. I am trying to open instances of Reaktor which I have used for a few years now, but its saying I need to activate. It forced me to pay money, which is like $300 USD or more. I did that, but even though I entered my registration into the Native Access prompt when I clicked on it, the Reaktor PI still isn't working and keeps saying trial. I have tried this 3 or 4 times now, how do I get out of this loop?

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    Options

Did you really pay 300$ for something you already had? (Or you had a previous version of Reaktor?)

The activation and demo mode could be just a bug. Check this article to see if it helps you

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402377887121-My-Products-Are-Showing-As-DEMO-in-Native-Access

And open a ticket IMMEDIATELY with support to see if you really had to pay 300$ 😶

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,778 mod
    Options

@protourman Yes, please submit a ticket here: https://bit.ly/NIsupport_RA

• protourman
    Options

I have already submitted 2 tickets and no response yet.

I ended up needing to pay TWICE, once for upgrade to Reaktor 6, and then again for a ‘new’ license for Razor. Cost me just shy of $450 USD, which I’m not happy about. Yes, I already owned the product, yes, I stupidly upgraded when prompted (I was adding Massive to my setup because I purchased a new Focusrite product which is why I opened the NI app), but I didn’t expect it to cost me this much, if anything at all.

I know software comes with a cost and I’m a professional so paying something once in a while is understood. But $450 just because I logged I to the NI app? That just felt MEAN.

Hard part is that I was in the middle of a project and needed the access it so being locked out was terrible timing. After all was said and done, even after paying for all this and ‘registering’ the upgraded product, I still couldn’t access the software. Only option I had was to completely delete everything and reinstall, then re-enter the serials. So hours wasted, plus a ton of money that quite possibly I should not have needed to pay in the first place.

So far not the best customer experience I’ve had, and this endless wait to even get a reply from Customer Support is adding to the frustration. It certainly makes me never want to open that NI app ever again. Hopefully I’ll get a reply from CSR soon.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@protourman I found your ticket from Sunday and I've escalated it, someone should get back to you. I quickly checked your account (the one linked to the same email as the forum) and I could only see the Reaktor 6 and Razor licenses from August 6th. Maybe you had another account with a different email address? If that is the case, my colleagues will be able to check that out and you will be refunded, of course.

• protourman
    Options

No one has responded, which TBH doesn’t really surprise me. They’ve got my money already for this totally unnecessary update so motivation is justifiably low; besides that, the time, reputation, and money I wasted with a client looking over my shoulder while I look like an idiot is something I’ll never be able to address with NI.

Here’s the one thing though: if simply logging into the NI app forced an update that I didn’t need, and then it then forced me to pay not once but twice for something that until that moment worked perfectly fine, why would I ever willingly open this app again? Remember that Waves debacle a few months ago? I’d think your company would have learned from that epic fail.

Anyway, main takeaway is that I’ll never willingly open this NI app or update any of your products if they are working. But that’s not a positive outcome, because products do occasionally improve. I fully support paying occasional fees for updates, and have NEVER used cracked software in my 35 years in the business. But to pay full price for this and using this extortionate method? Nope, I’ll take my good principles and money elsewhere, and sadly it’s NI that is encouraging me to do so.

Listen, thanks for at least responding on this forum, I do appreciate it. I just wish NI staff would be courteous enough to do the same.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@protourman My colleague got back to you yesterday. Please check your inbox, filters, spam. Again, I could not see any older Reaktor license on your account, check if you have another NI account with another email. It happens quite often that customers have several accounts with different products and serials on them and products don't appear in their Native Access because of that. Please get back to my colleague to clear that out. No one forced you to buy anything, if you bought it by mistake, then we will refund you.

• Judson Collins
    Judson Collins Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 10
    Options

Hi I have the same problem. I have used my NI products very little; I finally opened Reactor 6 which I have had on my computer for a longtime. I finally got to looking at the user manual. I spent 3 hours in there trying to figure stuff out. Then I see a download update which I installed and them got asked to register or buy. I didn't have this problem earlier or any other time I opened it. I did buy a keyboard and get Maschine 2 with it, however I had this version of Reactor well before then. What's happened? I was using it, now it wants $219. With 100 other pieces of software I still haven't figured out, I'm not laying out more money for something that's frankly taken way too long to figure out anyway. The NI thing is so overwhelming.

Edit: Further, I see in a list I see I have Reaktor Faktory Selektion (6.5) which I just updated, is this not enough to Rekister Reaktor? I'm loathe to update anythink else lest I have to register somethink.

One would assume it says Install or Update. one would assume one has already registered it. So why do I have to register Reaktor again? I don't know how I did it in the first place. oK?

Edit: Now I see Reaktor 6 Player free download (6.4.3). Is that what I was using? I have same in my download list as it is. Am I going to download 200Mb to be asked to register after half an hour?

Edit: Uninstalled and reinstalled older version.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Judson Collins With Komplete Select, the bundle you have with the keyboard you only get the free version of Reaktor 6, Reaktor 6 Player. With this you get a limited number of ensembles, the Reakyor Factory Selection. If you are trying to use user ensembles or other Reaktor instruments that are not included in the Factory Selection, you will get a demo message. Why is REAKTOR PLAYER Running in Demo Mode?