Traktor pro 3 crashes with apple m2

Options
Pedrofeder
Pedrofeder Member Posts: 8 Member
edited August 2023 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Hello, I have a new macbook pro pc, m2 processor, used with traktor pro 3.9 090, when I load four songs in a row without analyzing the program it closes completely, it also closed using it with songs previously analyzed and loaded directly with the program, I am using a cable of Oyaide data. What's going on???

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,601 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Pedrofeder were you able to resolve the issue by following the troubleshooting steps in this article?

TRAKTOR crashes caused by corrupted audio files

• Dimitris Karipidis
    Dimitris Karipidis Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

Hello, I have simillar problem please any solution? I use m2 macbook pro 14 inch and the traktor keeps crashing at random times, I cleared all music that maybe corrupt files but the program keeps crashing without any notice. I changed the sample rate and did many changes to see if anything changes but none. It crashes while I am working at the club and I am frustrated.

I made the account just for that, I use traktor for so many years and this has never happened before.

• johnnywhang
    johnnywhang Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Apple M2 + TraktorPro3 user here.

Since I've start using my M2 with Traktor, the programs crashes in a completely random way. It has already happened using DJM900NXS, 900NXS2, CDJ900NXS, Pioneer S2... it's simply frustrating.

Payed the upgrade since i'm a Traktor user for more than a decade, I've already changed the linking cables, even aqquired new ones, tested a complete restoration of the installation software and even the OS, but it keeps happening and i'm starting to loose patience with what used to be a bulletproof setup.

Not to mention the equipmment that has lost use with the lack of updates form Native, like my Kontrol X1.

If it keeps bugging like this I'll go with RekordBox or Serato for sure.

• c0nsul
    c0nsul Member Posts: 298 Pro
    Options

Does Traktor also crash without any gear connected?

Which macOS do you use? Which built of TP3? Did you use your "old" collection and settings files?

• Dimitris Karipidis
    Dimitris Karipidis Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

Thank God I am not the only one.

Please find solution the traktor crashes on M2

I think it crashes even without the gear connected I have s2mk3 connected.

It crashes randomly when I work at club in 1 hour after playing..

It can crash without doing anything

Please update the program

I am on Macbook Pro M2 16 GB sonoma and I am frustrated I opened ticket with the support 10 days ago but they didn't reply

Any updates please reply

• jordy
    jordy Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

same here with macbook pro m2

• Endoo
    Endoo Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I just left Trakror after 20 years because of this issue. I gave full disk permission and every single session I play I ended up looking like a fool. Shame on Native Instruments really.

M2 is not very new anymore

• Pedrofeder
    Pedrofeder Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Hello, i add the following information. it is a 13" macbook pro m2. The program closes even without using any traktor product. just loading songs into the decks as it closes the program immediately.

All songs have been analyzed and are of high quality. They are not corrupted. On any other computer they work correctly. I have a Traktor Kontrol S4 MK3 controller and an S3. Updated to the latest firmware version.

I have bought an apple macbook pro 16" with M1 MAX processor and it works correctly. It only fails on the macbook 13" with M2 processor.

• Allan_NI
    Allan_NI Product Team Posts: 55 mod
    Options

Hey everyone,

Are these any specific tracks that cause Traktor to crash when you load/analyze them? It is not necessarily related to the tracks being corrupted but could possibly be due to Traktors handiling of the files. If you could share some tracks from your collections that you can remember Traktor crashing during their playback or analysis that would be very helpful.

• DJDL
    DJDL Member Posts: 63 Helper
    Options

MBP 14" M1 Pro, Monterey, TP 3.9

In my case, the program does not usually fully quit, but sound stops on all decks and interface freezes. Sometimes I can quit and restart, others completely frozen.

I have restarted and immediately played again the track that was playing during the freeze, and it then played without any issue. Seems a bit random. I might have been using the preview player with another track and perhaps previewing that track might have triggered the freeze. Pitty I can't remember which one it was, so cannot test this theory. Yet.

Other crashes happen doing different things. For example, one of the latest freezes was triggered when I deleted a history playlist. Same thing, program unresponsive and music stops after a few seconds. Have to restart. That time the program hung during Flushing Background Tasks phase. I had to force quit.

I will be on the lookout and send the files involved in the next crash.

And will try to replicate it on my end using all involved tracks and see if the files are to blame.

For me, crashes have happened mostly wile playing with the S4Mk3. On the other hand, I had the program open for about 8 hours and nothing attached, just setting hot cues and creating playlists, and there was no issue. During that session I did attach an X1 Mk2 for a couple of hours to help set the hot cues, and still no crashes.

• Dj Andrew James
    Dj Andrew James Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

same for me as described above....I no longer have confidence using Traktor S4 for gigs or even using the software with pioneer media players in clubs.

yes sometimes was warned of corrupt files but other times perfectly good music files.

but I note even the corrupted files played for 5 years on older software versions on older Macs.

I personally think there is an issue with Mac OS on M2 that is causing it but Native needs to find it and fix it before they loose thousands of customers to Pioneer.......I love Traktor but can't chance it at a real gig anymore.

• Djkrazo
    Djkrazo Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

diffent place but same ****** !!!! I come from Italy and yesterday night Traktor crash in the mid of my dj set !!!!

the nightmare of any dj GODAMN

i have also macbook air M2 with Z2 phase and turntable it happen also with my s2 control mk3

plaseeeeeeee fix this ****** I need to continue my job

• OliverGross
    OliverGross Member Posts: 39 Helper
    Options

Hello,

have you „Loading only into stopped deck“

enabled?

Since I have disabled this, I didn‘t experienced a crash.

Before I had also every longer gig such a crash.

I have a MacBook Pro with m2 and the latest Ventura.

Hope this helps you maybe too.

• DJDL
    DJDL Member Posts: 63 Helper
    Options

It would be heartwarming to get someone from NI to respond to this or the other threads with a "there seems to be an issue and we are looking into it" stance instead of radio silence or random ineffective advice. With a bit more integrity and honesty, we could have a unified post or conversation and those affected and participating users could further act as testers and perhaps create a more productive environment for the trial, documenting and solution to this dreaded issue. And that would surely help immensely to give comfort to us who each week launch Traktor in front of live audiences with the fear and uncertainty of exactly at what moment it will fail. The Apple silicon generation is about 3 yrs old now and there is no native stable version of Traktor yet. I dunno if this issue is affecting some or all M1, M2 users. But it surely is affecting many. After 3 years since introduction the Apple silicon userbase should be quite relevant. All I want for christmas is a stability update that brings peace and joy back to our workplace, and the rest of the development timeline can eventually roll in whenever ready. Please, please at least respond with a "we're looking into it" sock stocking.

• Dj Andrew James
    Dj Andrew James Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I am really hoping NI will respond with an answer soon.

I love Traktor but it just keeps crashing at random times. The track playing stops but the program stays open but won't play or do anything. I have to force quit to reopen it every time.

Its happening to everyone I know who is using the software on a Mac M2 ....

I can't use my set up at gigs cause I look like an idiot when it stops mid song.

Can you please find what's causing this and provide an update asap.