Double triggering occurs with mikro mk3

mk15
mk15 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I am Japanese, so my explanation may be poor. The operating system used is Windows 11 Home 22H2.

I purchased a new maschine mikro mk3 and it is double triggered on all PADs. Not in any of the PADs, but in all of them.

This phenomenon occurs not only when Native mode is selected in maschine2 software, but also when MIDI mode is selected in DAW (Ableton Live).

I also tried adjusting PAD SENSITIVITY, but it occurs equally at both low and high sensitivity.

I think it is an initial defect as it occurs with maschine2 software and also with other DAWs, but I don't know the support system of Native Instruments.

We have contacted the support office, but do not know when we will receive a response, so if anyone here knows of a similar problem and how to solve it, please let us know.

Best Answer

• mk15
    Answer ✓

The support contact replied and we exchanged some points.

The conclusion was that it was a malfunction and was replaced free of charge as it was under warranty. We will pray that the replacement product is not faulty and wait for the replacement.

In addition, the following points were confirmed Please confirm if you experience the same phenomenon in the future.

・Use the supplied USB cable. Also, do not use a USB hub; connect directly to the PC.

・Firmware version must be the latest.

・Adjust the PAD SENSITIVITY on the maschine2 software. The optimal setting is near the center.

・Exit maschine2 software and open Controller Editor with administrator rights. adjust PAD SENSITIVITY in Controller Editor. The optimal setting is around the median value.

・Confirm that each PAD responds in the Controller Editor. (I don't think you can check the double trigger itself with this check, but just in case.)

・Check the behavior of the MIDI signal with MIDI-OX.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/ja/articles/209544729?source=search&auth_token=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJhY2NvdW50X2lkIjo3NjI4NDAsInVzZXJfaWQiOjYyOTExMjIyODgxNDUsInRpY2tldF9pZCI6MzM5NjMxMywiY2hhbm5lbF9pZCI6NjMsInR5cGUiOiJTRUFSQ0giLCJleHAiOjE2NjE0MDgxOTh9.WnU2l0raE8_-9igB5T21vadaqxM4eVaxRY9lUwoBl0g

The final determination was made by MIDI-OX logs that it was a malfunction.

Originally, when a PAD is struck, MIDI signals are sent in the following sequence.

"Note On" -> "Key Aftertouch" -> "Note Off"

However, in the case of a double trigger, the signal flow was as follows.

"Note On" -> "Note Off" -> ... -> "Note On" -> "Key Aftertouch" -> "Note Off"

Originally, there is a "Key Aftertouch" signal between "Note On" and "Note Off". However, when double triggering occurs, "Note Off" is output immediately after "Note On". Key Aftertouch" is not output. After that, the original "On -> KA -> Off" signal is output.

That is all. I hope this is helpful.

Answers

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 342 Guru

I previously had some issues with double triggers on my old Maschine Studio. In my case, it happened on all of the pads periodically, but it was really bad with the bottom row. Taking it apart and cleaning the pad sensor sheet helped significantly.

• mk15
    Answer ✓

The support contact replied and we exchanged some points.

The conclusion was that it was a malfunction and was replaced free of charge as it was under warranty. We will pray that the replacement product is not faulty and wait for the replacement.

In addition, the following points were confirmed Please confirm if you experience the same phenomenon in the future.

・Use the supplied USB cable. Also, do not use a USB hub; connect directly to the PC.

・Firmware version must be the latest.

・Adjust the PAD SENSITIVITY on the maschine2 software. The optimal setting is near the center.

・Exit maschine2 software and open Controller Editor with administrator rights. adjust PAD SENSITIVITY in Controller Editor. The optimal setting is around the median value.

・Confirm that each PAD responds in the Controller Editor. (I don't think you can check the double trigger itself with this check, but just in case.)

・Check the behavior of the MIDI signal with MIDI-OX.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/ja/articles/209544729?source=search&auth_token=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJhY2NvdW50X2lkIjo3NjI4NDAsInVzZXJfaWQiOjYyOTExMjIyODgxNDUsInRpY2tldF9pZCI6MzM5NjMxMywiY2hhbm5lbF9pZCI6NjMsInR5cGUiOiJTRUFSQ0giLCJleHAiOjE2NjE0MDgxOTh9.WnU2l0raE8_-9igB5T21vadaqxM4eVaxRY9lUwoBl0g

The final determination was made by MIDI-OX logs that it was a malfunction.

Originally, when a PAD is struck, MIDI signals are sent in the following sequence.

"Note On" -> "Key Aftertouch" -> "Note Off"

However, in the case of a double trigger, the signal flow was as follows.

"Note On" -> "Note Off" -> ... -> "Note On" -> "Key Aftertouch" -> "Note Off"

Originally, there is a "Key Aftertouch" signal between "Note On" and "Note Off". However, when double triggering occurs, "Note Off" is output immediately after "Note On". Key Aftertouch" is not output. After that, the original "On -> KA -> Off" signal is output.

That is all. I hope this is helpful.