KK v 2.9.3 not able to open in LOGIC anymore.

Options

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,863 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

The quick fix is to delete your Logic plist which resets Logic settings - I appreciate not everyone wants to do that but it is an option and the reports from earlier posters who tried this is it worked for them

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023
    Options

To try and pin it down please can people answer the following questions:

System details: OS version, Apple Silicon native or Rosetta 2, RAM, HD type - internal or external

Audio system details: interface/s, connections

Project details: is the crash happening when loading an existing project? In which case was this project made with a previous version of KK and what version if so? Is it happening when loading KK into a new project? (or both) - how many instances of KK are there in the project, are there other plugins too? Also can you open Maschine or does that crash too?

Crash details: Do you get an error message before the crash or just a crash? Does the crash happen when you dismiss the error message or without any further action from you? Were you playing midi when it happened or not?

Crash reports: I presume people are getting them? - do not attach these in this thread but please send to NI Support with a bug report - that would be really helpful

• Zuuti
    Zuuti Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I have the same issue now with Logic when I attempt to open Komplete Kontrol. I have just finally been able to open Final Cut Pro without being frozen on scanning Audio Units. The only solution for that was to move my component NI plugins each time I wanted to open Final Cut then put them back after. I am not going to now delete or move more files to get Komplete to behave in Logic. Spent thousands on this software over the years and hardware. Spent years waiting for the apple silicon versions. Its time to start accepting the updates are far too slow and that needs to be improved and addressed instead of worrying about changing the branding logos.

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023
    Options

The Final Cut issue is not related to the one though, which so far only seems to be affecting a few people whereas the Final Cut one seems to affect everyone with FC and not just users of NI plugins. See if the posted fix works for you and if not try the questions I posted above.

• JESOUNDS
    JESOUNDS Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

The PLIST thing didn't work for me...

System details: 13.4, M1, 16GB,

Audio system details: doesn't matter. Have tried everything I have including the internal one...

Project details: as son as it tried to load the plugin. New project or old one with exciting plugins.

Crash details: I just get the one the thread started added

Crash reports: Nope.

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023
    Options

It doesn't generate a crash report? Usually that is normal on Macs. There may still be one in Console

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Options

Hey @Kymeia Yes, something seems to be happening, thanks for pointing it out. Where did you submit this bug?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Options

@JESOUNDS Is it a M1 Max, M1 Pro or just regular M1?

• JESOUNDS
    JESOUNDS Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

It's the regular one. From the iMac 24" 2021.

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023
    Options

Thanks to the bug reports NI have released a potential fix - check NA and let them know if it works for you or not

• LukeKeywalker
    LukeKeywalker Member Posts: 42 Member
    Options

I updated to version 2.9.4 and the problem still continues! Can't open any instance of KK in any project.

• Kymeia
    Options

OK are you getting crash reports? Send one to NI Support - the problem is no one was able to replicate it so what is needed is more information about the systems affected, it must be something particular to those setups

• LukeKeywalker
    edited June 2023
    Options

Unfortunately I don't get any crash report since I am forced to close Logic by myself - it doesn't crash.

I can start Logic via terminal but it also doesn't recognize the starting and disfunction of KK.

Interesting might be that the terminal writes this when I start Logic:

2023-06-06 10:34:01.063 Logic Pro X[4556:59356] Could not load Module “GiO”

2023-06-06 10:34:01.064 Logic Pro X[4556:59356] Could not load Module “KOMPLETE KONTROL A-Series”

2023-06-06 10:34:01.064 Logic Pro X[4556:59356] Could not load Module “KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series”

2023-06-06 10:34:01.065 Logic Pro X[4556:59356] Could not load Module “MASCHINE MK3”

2023-06-06 10:34:12.918 Logic Pro X[4556:59356] Audio engine overloaded, resetting

• Kymeia
    Options

Are you on Ventura 13.3 or 13.4? I'm still on 13.3 - I wonder if that is connected?

• LukeKeywalker
    Options

I am on 13.4 🤔