KK v 2.9.3 not able to open in LOGIC anymore.

Options

Answers

• LukeKeywalker
    LukeKeywalker Member Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Hi @Jeremy_NI ,

as expected this was the answer of the "support":

Thanks for reaching out. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with our products.

Due to the high amount of incoming requests, we currently cannot achieve our desired response times. We think it is important to let you know about the current situation. We apologize for the delayed response to your request and for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please try the following:

Delete the Logic Pro PLIST file

1. In Logic Pro, note any custom preference settings that you’ve made, and save any custom key commands that you've created.
    2. Quit Logic Pro.
    3. In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.
    4. Enter ~/Library/Preferences, then click Go.
    5. Remove the "com.apple.logic10.plist" file from the Preferences folder.
    6. If you upgraded from Logic 9 or earlier to Logic Pro, also remove the "com.apple.logic.pro" file.
    7. Restart your Mac.

After deleting the PLIST file, open your project and try to reproduce the issue that you were experiencing. If the issue no longer occurs, choose Logic Pro > Settings (or Preferences), reapply your custom settings, and import your custom key commands.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

I'll say it again: I am not willing to delete all my custom Logic settings which I build over the years and then rebuild everything, only because NI are releasing buggy updates.

Please come up with some other ideas.

Best,

Luke

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Options

@Zuuti Have you tried to delete the Logic plist, as mentioned in this thread?

• LukeKeywalker
    Options

Will it delete my midi controller, I/O, keycommands etc.?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@LukeKeywalker My apologies, I didn't mention to my colleague that you were not willing to delete the said plist, my colleague went for the solution that seems to work for the most people.

There was a fix in the last update for a similar crash/bug but Logic might be recording the plug-in is unstable.

Can you try to delete this file instead?

Mac HD > Users > *Username* > Library > Caches > AudioUnitCache > com.apple.audiounits.cache

Note: See this article or the video below for instructions to access the hidden User Library folder on macOS.

Try again to open Komplete Kontrol in Logic. Does it still give you that error message?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Deleting the plist file will reset Logic to it's default preferences, so yes, it will reset the I/O and key commands but not control surfaces. This is handled by a different plist file (com.apple.logic.pro.cs)

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

To all affected users, please check the following:

Make sure to install Komplete Kontrol 2.9.4 / Maschine 2.14.7 in Native Access

Open the following location on your computer:

Macintosh HD > Users > *Username* > Library

Note: See this article or the video below for instructions to access the hidden User Library folder on macOS.

Delete the product folder for the affected plug-in from:

Macintosh HD > Users > *Username* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > *Product Name* folder

Delete the plist file for the affected plug-in from:

Macintosh HD > Users > *Username* > Library > Preferences > com.native-instruments.*Product Name*.plist

Delete this cache file from:

Macintosh HD > Users > *Username* > Library > Caches > AudioUnitCache > com.apple.audiounits.cache

• LukeKeywalker
    Options
  • Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,863 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

That being said some users did report deleting the plist and com.apple.logic.pro.cs worked for them.

For anyone concerned about key commands- while it will reset those it is possible to export them first to back them up so they are not lost. So it is only audio/midi settings that would have to be recreated. I do appreciate for some people that may be more more complicated to do than others.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@JESOUNDS Is everything working now? You didn't reply to my colleage for a while.

• LukeKeywalker
    Options

Unfortunately in my case there is a lot of custom audio/midi settings in my Logic system since I am having a lot of outboard equipment and controllers etc. So no option for me.

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023
    Options

Yeah I understand that. Still many will be more like me using relatively simple setups so it may be useful for them to try it.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,311 Expert
    Options

Hi @Jeremy_NI . Could you please also ask the competent department to shed a light on the development of a solution for these kind of problems and report it to us?

I don’t think asking users to delete files from other products is acceptable. As @LukeKeywalker situation underline, deleting those files can erase years of work and therefore not be doable.

If something like this case emerge, NI should find a way to fix it or, if the problem resides on the other brand product contact them and find a solution together

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023
    Options

Ni are working to fix it, and have already released a hot fix (which doesn't seem to have worked because they couldn't actually replicate it but it does show they are on the job) - and deleting the Logic plist is often recommended by tech support for Logic itself, it's a well known troubleshooting measure and given the fact that this is about the interaction between Logic, the OS and KK, and the fact that it is hard to replicate as it only happens in some cases, it may not be entirely a bug in KK per se, it also seems bound up with other things like the version of Ventura and maybe also some types of setup. I agree it's not always possible or desirable but it's no different than asking people to reset the Komplete Kontrol database which is also a common troubleshooting measure. It's easy to say 'just fix it' but first you need to know what 'it' actually is and that's not entirely clear yet, more information is needed.

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 451 Guru
    Options

Logic can mess up its own plist and AUcache pretty badly sometimes. So as much pain as it is, deleting those would be the first step of there are problems.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,311 Expert
    edited June 2023
    Options

I agree. I was suggesting them that in these cases keeping users informed on the development of the issue could be o good way to communicate with them. I don’t see why instead of a user like you informing on the state of things they couldn’t open a thread “This is the situation, these are our steps, we’ll keep you informed here”. Maybe the fix will come in 3 months (or maybe 2 weeks), but knowing how it proceeds could help users to decide if erase years of work or wait and have the problem fixed without losing anything of their job.

In my opinion it could be a good praxis