KK v 2.9.3 not able to open in LOGIC anymore.

Options
LukeKeywalker
LukeKeywalker Member Posts: 41 Member
edited May 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi guys,

I am on MacOs 13.3.1 and Logic 10.7.8 and the latest Komplete Kontrol version (2.9.3) is not working anymore. In standalone everything seems fine, but Logic forces me to close the session if I open an instance of KK.

"An audio unit plugin caused a problem concerning the system stability. Close Logic and start over"

Reinstalled the whole thing from scratch - same result. Any ideas?

Best,

Luke

ps: anyways KK is dropping save state after reloading project (as you can find in any other topic here in the forum) - so I wanted to see if there are any improvements.

Best Answer

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,741 mod
    Options

A couple of other people had this problem and solved it by deleting the Logic plist file

Just be aware that this will revert Logic to default settings though

• LukeKeywalker
    edited May 2023
    Options

Thank you Kymeia.

I will not delete my Logic plist file for KK. This thing is an incredible pain in the neck for many reasons. Hopefully they'll fix it with the next version.

• Kymeia
    Options

I wouldn't count on it - this isn't affecting most Logic users including myself and if the fix is resetting Logic then they are more likely to say just do that. Unless you have custom key switches (in which case export them then re-import) you would only need to recreate your audio/miid prefs again.

• LukeKeywalker
    Options

My system is unfortunately very customized. Not only custom key commands but also I/O settings and MIDI controllers and external instruments etc.

• Kymeia
    Options

OK I get that, it's a pain for sure. Try reaching out to support but I suspect they will tell you to try the same as we know that worked for the other couple of cases of this happening.

• LukeKeywalker
    edited May 2023
    Options

Good thing is that for another reason/bug I am moving away from KK completely.

Too much trouble with this thing. It's only annoying for me if I want to open old projects.

• Keith Cocker
    Keith Cocker Member Posts: 120 Advisor
    Options

Surely, this is unacceptable for a premium commercial product. I could live with that from a one-man developer but from an organisation like NI I would expect thees things to be fixed.

• Kymeia
    edited May 2023
    Options

The most basic technical support often starts with 'Turn off the computer and turn it on again" :) Resetting software is kindof the equivalent, sometimes with complex setups things can go awry, it isn't always about bugs intrinsic to one particular app but more the interactions between multiple factors. With Komplete Kontrol for example how many times will you hear support saying try deleting this or that settings file or reinstalling.

• Keith Cocker
    Keith Cocker Member Posts: 120 Advisor
    Options

I think for minor issues you are correct. It is important to see if the issue comes from within an individuals setup. But with KK, as a scan of post on this and other forums will demonstrate, we have bigger issues. With 2.8.0 of KK NKS was broken. NI acknowledge this but have so far not solved the problem or indicated any timescale or commitment. NKS is a major selling point of NI products for many people. They can't just escape responsibility for putting it right.

• Kymeia
    Options

The problems with NKS migration from VST2 to VST3 you mention are nothing to do with this though.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,713 mod
    Options

Do Komplete Kontrol and Logic both have full disk access ? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Follow these steps: KOMPLETE KONTROL Crashes

Delete the Komplete Kontrol component found here:

MacHD -> Library -> Audio -> Components

Reinstall Komplete Kontrol in Native Access.

If the issue is not fixed: What are your settings in Logic (General & audio) ?

• LukeKeywalker
    Options

Hi @Jeremy_NI

thank you for your answer. I already did all of these mentioned steps and nothing helped.

Even a complete erase of all all KK traces and clean reinstall didn't help out.

Looking back on my hours of trying to fix NI Software (and Hardware) problems makes me realize that it's simply too much time. Every other day I have to go through all of this folders and find the data to remove it only to find out that it did not help and than followed by weeks of highly interrupted contact with the support with no guarantee of any solution.

Yes, I am speaking out of frustration but it's clear that for a clean and constant workflow you have to get around NI products like KK (hardware and software) - just to be sure.

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023
    Options

Jeremy I saw another user report this issue yesterday so by my count this does seem to have cropped up at least 4 times now, so I wonder what has changed in the last update that could trigger this? While there is a workaround that appears to work (resetting Logic to default settings) it’s not an ideal solution, particularly for users with complex setups. I have submitted it as a bug report.

• JESOUNDS
    JESOUNDS Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

I have there very same problem as the thread starter (with Logic Pro and KK) and I haven't been able to work AT ALL for the passed week. I reached out in a Facebook group where several people (both Logic Pro users and Pro Tools users) have the same experience! I hope for a rapid solution from the NI Team! Some of out has payed a lot of money for this, and when you can't work at all it also affects our income from the music we make...

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023
    Options

A solution will depend on the development team being able to replicate it though, at the moment I can't and it seems to be very specific to some systems but it is not happening on most Macs. So the more details of setups the better please