Maschine plus upgrades (ableton push 3 released)

Options

Comments

• Isotoxin
    Isotoxin Member Posts: 125 Helper
    Options

I want to ask. Why do you people so worried about a battery life of midi controller or laptop? I'm asking just for curiosity, because as a DJ, the battery life is so irrelevant for me. And it is because I need power not only for one midi controller or screen of laptop, but but for the mixer, for the sub, for speakers, synths. I have seen Richie Hawtin even used Macbook Mini with external screen for DJ'ing.

BTW, the active cooling is actually a very nice thing. I have surprised when my Lenovo Ryzen Ideapad laptop with an active cooling was cold as my arse (ok, not so much cold, but about up to 50 degree Celsius) in a literally direct sunlight at maybe 24-25 degree Celsius outside. And what about external batteries? Every modern laptop nowadays can be charged via USB type C. Why not to use additional battery for external usage?

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,304 Guru
    Options

Music People are note worthy.

• afrogrit
    afrogrit Member Posts: 57 Helper
    Options

What I meant is let's talk about MUSIC . . . not music people

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 435 Guru
    Options
  • nightjar
    Options

Pulling someone's leg is safer if they are using an Apple iPad vs a laptop.

Laptops are often more dependent on resting on a person's thigh vs a person holding an iPad in their hands. Pulling the leg of a laptop user is more likely to result in expensive damage!

Another big reason for NI porting software over to iPadOS.

• afrogrit
    afrogrit Member Posts: 57 Helper
    Options

😂 😂😂 . . . The humour here is worth its pound in Gold

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,801 Expert
    Options

One may sit on iPad and break it by accident. Another big reason not to port NI SW to iPadOS.

• nightjar
    Options

That depends on how overweight someone is. Fear of breaking iPads by sitting on them will encourage people to lose weight and live healthier lives.

NI porting to iPad will help users live healthier and live longer = more $$ for NI.

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 435 Guru
    Options

Now that’s what I like 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,801 Expert
    Options

Fear of breaking iPads by sitting on them will encourage people to lose weight and live healthier lives.

They would develop psychical problems, get fired from jobs, get desperate and start throwing iPads against the wall and smashing them by fist.

Better for NI not to port their SW to iPadOS. Better to wait if Apple ports MacOs to iPad or stops produce iPads. Anyway, the future is in THE iGoggles, iPad is close to eradication. It is last milenium technology....

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 131 Advisor
    Options

iGiggles maybe?

• myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 202 Advisor
    Options
  • myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 202 Advisor
    Options

It's a common thing for a lot of us to compose and sketch ideas on the go. Some of the most popular topics for non-battery powered grooveboxes are the posts about adding batteries to said grooveboxes.

• olafmol
    olafmol Member Posts: 134 Pro
    Options

Yeah, I often see people with Maschine plus working on the train or on the bus. Last night I even saw someone on a bike with a Maschine plus. Incredible right?