Kontakt 7 screen flickering in Ableton Live

Options
13»

Answers

• Elvislives77
    Elvislives77 Member Posts: 9 Newcomer
    Options

I’ve got same problem using Kontact 7 and Guitar Rig 6 within Ableton Live 11. Use MacBook Prov16mb ram. Graphics is intel iris plus.

Have Massive as well. Works outside Kontact and is ok in Ableton. Definitely not buying anymore native instrument products until this is sorted. Thanks

• Elvislives77
    Options

Should also have said have downloaded latest version of Kontakt 7 but Guitar Rig runs outside of Kontakt anyway.

• thejules
    thejules Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

I would like to add to the flickering phenomenon.

My system: Macbook Pro M1 Pro, Ventura 13.6.1, no external display, Ableton 11.3.13. Kontakt 7.6.1 - heavy flickering happens, as soon as Kontakt is in Focus.

As I do not have the option to disable gsync and have installed the latest versions, are there any other solutions to this?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@Elvislives77 @thejules Have you tried the latest Kontakt update (7.7) that was released a couple of days ago? Is the flickering still happening?

Could you also share the exact models of your macs? Please check with the apple icon/about this mac and post screenshots.

• Rob-11235
    Rob-11235 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited November 2023
    Options

Upgrading and Updating to KK 14 Ultimate & Kontakt 7.7 has brought up a lot of issues for my system, Logic 10.8 OSX 10.13 - Intel i9 (2019 powerbook)- 16gb ram - I was running just fine prior but after updating today it's been rough...

• I am getting a constant flickering on the GI for Kontakt
    • There are consistent cpu spikes using only one instance of Kontakt
    • I am getting buffering clicks even after changing from 128 to 256 to 512

And side note the user interface is waaaay less intuitive and some instruments like battery seem crowded imo (i.e. Battery gives so many sub options in the view window that sample selection only displays like 10 sounds at a time so you constantly have to scroll, unless this can be changed it's a bit of a headache for myself. Grain of salt.

Cheers,

Mr.Malone

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

What sample frequency are you using in Logic? What are your audio settings? Can you share a screenshot of these settings?

Also make sure to give full disk access to Logic, Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Do you have performance issues in Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol in standalone?

Did you install libraries on an external hard drive? What's the format of the drive?

• Santate
    Santate Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

When I was searching any solutions to my problem, I came across this conversation. Same problems here also, check my new post:

There’s something very weird going on. I really hope you can fix this issue. The new Kontakt update didn’t help at all.

No idea what g-sync means and can I even turned off

• Elvislives77
    Options

Hi, excuse delay in coming back. I managed to temporarily fix problem by attaching a 2nd monitor but it's not always possible for me to do this (EG gigs etc). My libraries are on a separate drive but there is no screen flicker when I use KK and K in stand alone mode. Please find attached screen shots of my current audio set up and system info. I have changed buffer size and it makes no difference. Needless to say I usually use a Focusrite audio interface. The problem is the same either way

• Snoope69
    Snoope69 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Any updates here for Mac users (M1 Max 32GB)? Jeremy?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Snoope69 What model of Mac exactly? A laptop? Are you using an external monitor? Any steps to reproduce what you are experiencing?

• Antony S.
    Antony S. Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Same problem for me with Guitar rig 7 pro 7.0.2. Everything is going well until it flashes for no apparent reason. By randomly clicking on a component button, it disappears for a few seconds or minutes.

Both on Macbook pro I7 (Ventura 13.6.5) on external screen 1 && on Mac Studio M2 Max (Sonoma 14.3.1) on external screen 2.

Flickering on external screen both in standalone mode && as Reaper plugin.

Let me know if you need more elements Jeremy.

• Snoope69
    Snoope69 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

@Jeremy_NI Thanks for your ultrafast answer… didn’t expect this! 🫶

Here is my config: it’s a Macbook Pro M1 Max 32GB / 2TB 14 inch Laptop (24 Graphic cores), Ventura 13.6.4, I’m using Kontakt 7.8.1 in Ableton Live 11 Suite 11.3.21

Happening with Slate and Ash libraries, Output libraries but also with NI Content like Playbox… I just load one instance of Kontakt and one of the libraries - when I start playing midi notes the flickering starts immediately (same in Komplete Kontrol). F.e. Preset Appreggi Twirl 3 notes played at the same time.

Thanks

• NINV
    NINV Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

This worked for me (Live 10/W10)! Thanks. For me is was not so much 'flickering', which to me is more about light intensity, but the Kontakt 7 Player window not knowing what size to choose, and by that switching between a slightly smaller size and a slightly larger one, alternating a few times per second. I'd call it unsteady UI.