Kontakt 7 screen flickering in Ableton Live

Options

Answers

• d23
    d23 Member Posts: 15 Newcomer
    Options

Something is really screwed up with it. It's outright blacking out my entire screen when I hover over Kontakt 7.

https://youtu.be/JBkzJzB7RPs Video of the issue. Hope you all can fix this soon. Just bought Komplete 14 Ultimate and can't use it :/

• d23
    edited June 2023
    Options

The black screen issue also appears if I load one of the kontakt plugins in komplete control (such as pharlight), but it only seems to happen when I change presets.

Edit: actually it seems to also happen when I unfocus or refocus the window too.

Edit: actually it's just pretty much random and frequent

Edit: video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttK8Ap3Sidc

• d23
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Jeremy_NI is it possible to get an update on how the team is prioritizing this or whether they have leads? Komplete 14 Ultimate is completely unusable for me.

• d23
    Options

Update for anyone who is having similar issues: disabling gsync in Ableton fixed most of the flicker but gave me the black screen issue. I have temporarily disabled it globally (as someone recommended earlier in the thread), and that seems to have fixed the issue. Though it's obviously not ideal, as g sync is nice to have for things like gaming.

• sh3rw00d99
    sh3rw00d99 Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Awfully sorry Jeremy... I have Nvidia geforce GTX 1650 up to date driver. Only happens in Plugin in Ableton, not standalone

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@sh3rw00d99 Are you also using Gsync? Then the fix would be to disable it.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

"fixed most of the flicker" ? what kind of flicker was left under which conditions? And also what do you mean by "black screen issue" ? Would you able to share a screenshot?

• sh3rw00d99
    sh3rw00d99 Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

On Windows 10 some DAWs (e.g. Ableton Live 10 / 11 and Cubase 11) support multiple display scaling factors for non-HDPI plug-ins. HDPI stands for "High Dots per Inch" image resolutions. Currently, not all NI plug-ins support HDPI. 

When Auto scaling is turned off in Ableton the screen flickering stops, but the maximum size for the plug-in window is too small for my eyes on my monitor. Have to wait for NI to support HDPI in all Plug-ins! 🙄

• LPKEYS
    LPKEYS Member Posts: 9 Newcomer
    Options

I have the standard GPU on a top-ot-the-line Mac Pro 2019. I'm not going to go in and disable things deep in the Mac. I'm not an IT person. As a musician, I expect YOU will be fixing this on your end.

Thanks!

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Hey @LPKEYS These questions are to try and reproduce on our end in order to fix the issue eventually...not asking you to do anything except giving details to help identifying the issue. To show what display you have you just need to click the apple and choose "About This Mac" The display should be shown, like here:

• TomSynsongs
    TomSynsongs Member Posts: 42 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Is there any resultion for this issue? It happens in Logic (latest version) on a Mac Studio M2 Ultra with Ventura 13.5.1 and makes Kontakt barely usable.

It is definitely related to Kontakt 7 because the screen flickering only appears when K7 is loaded, open and used. No other plugin causes similar problems, I can do sessions for hours with Logic without any flickering when Kontakt is not inserted.

Thank you for addressing this.

Tom

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@TomSynsongs I'm contacting you by email regarding this issue, we need to have a deeper look in your setup.

• Veiss
    Veiss Member Posts: 8 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

I'm having a similar issue if not the same. Kontakt 7 is the only plugin I've seen do this.

-Only the Kontakt interface flickers

-It happens when clicking in the interface but not while holding but when releasing click, scrolling the interface, and sending MIDI in to Kontakt

Windows 11 latest version - Nvidia4090 with latest Studio driver - G-Sync enabled monitor

Bitwig 5.1b

• Veiss
    Veiss Member Posts: 8 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Noticed that I don't have any flickering with Komplete Kontrol or Kontakt 7 in a fresh project in Bitwig. The other project where flickering does occur isn't very heavy, there's about 5 tracks

Komplete Kontrol Standalone has flickering and the lightguide is pretty laggy.

No issue with the Lightguide in either when using them as plugins.

• TomSynsongs
    TomSynsongs Member Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Hi all,

the screen flickering was indeed a Kontakt 7 issue (on my system at least).

I have been advised to look into all kinds of reasons which took me a quite some time, just to realise that it was not the Mac Studio and also nothing else but Kontakt.

With the most recent Kontakt 7 and KK update, the issues was solved and the flickering has disappeared.

I wished that NI had better quality control these days, because having users search hours for a solution which was basically caused by a "broken" software update is not really good. And having my MK3 keyboard being bricked by a firmware update last night makes me wonder what is going wrong at NI these days?

P.S.: NI does send out newsletter about new products - how about sending out infos about "know issues" like this one? Would make life so much easier ...

Cheers

Tom