Native Access V1 not showing latest updates

Options
13»

Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,132 Expert
    edited April 2023
    Options

No idea where you got the impression from that NA1 was "aimed to be used on Windows 7". Windows 10 exists since 2015, NA2 wasnt a thing until March last year and even at that time it was initially meant for Komplete Now users only.

But I think we digress...

• oranges
    oranges Member Posts: 20 Member
    Options

thanks @Monochrome - I remember seeing your post too (amongst several others) which led me to believe that it's a NAv1 Server issue - although NI claim that this is the first time they've heard of it and are suggesting it's something specific on my (our?) systems.

All it needs a CLEAR and UNAMBIGUOUS statement on this - I've said many times that there are 100s of thousands of users still on NAv1 - and they deserve to know that it's no longer going to provide updates.

My feeling is that NI don't really know what the exact situation is or what is being rolled out to where and to who, and that's why they are not commenting. There has been quite an exodus of talent from NI over the last couple of years and I suspect this level of support is the 'new normal'.

We know there are certain number of users who are not able to successfully use NAv2, so much so that there is a recommended role back to V1 procedure - seems those users are now out of luck getting updates.

Personally I believe that NI customers deserve better, especially since NI seem to be promising greater transparency - but I think I've banged my head against the brick wall that is NI for long enough.