Native Access V1 not showing latest updates

Answers

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 146 Advisor

Why don't you just try NA2 and see what happens?

• oranges
    oranges Member Posts: 20 Member

Well, because I think that this is down to NI to resolve - and enough people are having issues with V2 so why should I ?

if they say NAv1 doesn't work anymore then fine - make an announcement and migrate everyone. Many, many users are still on NAv1 and probably aren't aware it's broken.

Until then it just seems random and just tells me that the people from NI don't seem to actually know what is going on - including the Product Manager - doesn't inspire much confidence.

Next I'll be asked to turn it off and on again.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod

@oranges Native Access 1 is legacy, it's pretty clear. It's not being developed anymore. However, we still assist users. We didn't have other similar reports so far, we're, of course, keeping an eye on such things, you seem to be the only one in this thread confronted with this specific problem, and I didn't see any threads with the same issue.

In order to assist you, my colleagues asked you for the result of our support tool, which you refused. You don't want to update to Native Access 2, you don't want to run the support tool, it seems you just want to complain.

• oranges

legacy does NOT mean unsupported - we've already had that conversation.

I'm surprised you don't see other threads about this issue - and bear in mind that many users will not be aware that updates are available if they don't see it in NA

here's one for you as you seem incapable of actually searching:

I don't 'WANT' to complain - I WANTyou to resolve the issue but instead we are going around in circles

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 361 Pro

TBH, I wouldn't waste my time discussing this to death here, and instead just try NA2, and see if YOU have problems with it.

• chk071
    edited April 2023

They already resolved it: NA1 is legacy software (and, yes, that means it's unsupported), and people should use NA2.

• oranges

legacy does not mean NOT SUPPORTED. It means they are no longer developing it.

If they are saying that NAv1 no longer works or provides updates then they should CLEARY state this to their users.

I haven't seen this statement - have you ? ( and they have 100s of thousands of users still on V1)

• chk071
    edited April 2023

So even if NI explictely say that it's not developed anymore, you still insist that it doesn't mean unsupported? Well, that's thick.

And, as long as you keep on discussing here, you won't solve your problem.

• oranges

I don't think it's "Thick" ? at all - but of course you're welcome to whatever opinion you like - I don't have the energy to educate you, but thanks for your insight - and I shall certainly bear your considerable wisdom in mind

There is one thing we do agree on - that simply discussing it won't solve my problem and it looks supsiciously like NI also aren't motivated to either.

• chk071

You know what to do to solve your problem. It has been told to you several times now.

Speaking of "educating" and being thick.

• oranges

chk071 - happy to trade insults with you all day if you like, but that's not actually going to fix anything.

I'm sure I can solve my own problem easily but strictly speaking that's not the real issue here. The issue is that NI are not being clear about the status of NAv1, bearing in mind how many people are still running it - and they don't also seem to know why the current updates haven't been successfully pushed out to it.

Also bear in mind that it was working fine on updates until two or three weeks ago.

A simple statement from NI is needed but none is forthcoming. If NAv1 is no longer receiving updates then they need to let people know.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,127 Expert
    edited April 2023

I had the same issue as oranges and "reported" it here. NA1 didn't show three updates (Komplete Kontrol, Maschine 2 & Massive X) for me, but NA2 did. Guess that's one way to migrate users 😋

Joke aside... I get that NA1 is no longer updated or maintained, but it still worked pretty well before... like in late February, when the latest Driver 1.4.5 update got released and NA1 showed it?

Clearly, something changed since then.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    edited April 2023

Hey all, let's try to stay civil here, ok?

@oranges if you want the issue resolved, either run Native Access 2 or send the result of our support tool to my colleague.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert

I had the same issue as oranges and "reported" it here. NA1 didn't show three updates (Komplete Kontrol, Maschine 2 & Massive X) for me, but NA2 did. Guess that's one way to migrate users.

Maybe NI wants to "help" users to migrate to NA2, or NI just do not wants to spend resources on maintaining two systems (why should they?), or it is due to the mentioned reason of different autenthisation system used by NA1 and NA2. Maybe that new updates use just new autenthisation scheme not supported by NA1, so they cannot be distributed by NA1....

It may be the combination of those three. And maybe even few more reasons....

NA1 is legacy and uses close to legacy autenthisation scheme. And it is aimed to be used on Win7. Yes, it also worked on Win10 for some time just to help transition to NA2 for users.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert

Just to add. NA2 has installed Massive X 1.4.3. on Win 10. NA1 has installed Massive X 1.4.0 on Win7. I guess it is pretty right.

My guess is, that one might install manually even 1.4.3 on Win7, but maybe there would be problem with authorisation. One would have to try.