Known issue: Windows Defender flagging products as Trojans

Options

Answers

• Raikro Scorp
    Raikro Scorp Member Posts: 26 Helper
    Options

Dear @Hayo_NI,

Just wanted to let you know that I have been able to update Maschine Software after installing windows update KB5023773 tonight.

Regarding Massive X, it has given me a new error this time: Trojan:Script/Sabsik.FL.B!ml

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards from Barcelona,

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Helper
    edited March 2023
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hayo_NI
    Hayo_NI Product Team Posts: 278 mod
    Options

Hey all, a final update on the matter:

• It's a Windows Defender issue. We can assure you our installers are safe, and that the flags are false positives. We're noticing a decreasing trend of users getting affected and will continue to do research, but it seems as though keeping up to date with the latest version of Windows Defender should solve the problem.
    • If you still prefer to manually install them, know the workaround our customer support team will give you is not 100% reliable, but feel free to reach out to them here.
    • Native Access 2 recently released its 3.2.1 update. This hotfix does NOT address any antivirus issues. Just wanted to clarify that.

This will be my last update on this matter for now. Should anything come up I'll make sure to update this thread again, but for now, keep your Windows Defender up to date.

Thank you all for bearing with us! We really appreciate your patience on the matter!

• Andrew Koenig
    Andrew Koenig Member Posts: 12 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

I just updated Windows Defender and the problem hasn't gone away. Moreover, it now extends to a newly presented update to Sonic Couture Glassworks..

• danimusicos
    danimusicos Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

salut moi c'est en mettant à jour kontakt 7 que defender bloque en signalant un trojan :script/wacatac.htm. j'ai autorisé, j'espère que native ne se plante pas !

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2023
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • wetdentist
    wetdentist Member Posts: 15 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

i just can't believe that this hasn't all been sorted out yet. last night, i tried updating Massive X again & had the problem again (i think this was the 5th or 6th time i was prevented from updating NI software in the last few days). the problem is still very real. but at least the buck has been passed over to Microsoft, who I am sure will be very motivated to fix it! SMH

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 363 Pro
    Options

I was able to install the latest Massive X update now, after updating the virus definitions of Defender. This is the version which is installed here:

• Hayo_NI
    Hayo_NI Product Team Posts: 278 mod
    Options

@Vladyk _Dj Behind the scenes our teams are working on turning to Slim content installers, but it's a different install method that our teams need to support. We also have a large catalog of products each with their own file structure and product type, so it's not so easy to mass migrate. We have a few products that work with this technology out there and we're preparing the rest. Hopefully in the future it'll solve the issue altogether, but this is not something that's done in a week.

• Andrew Koenig
    Andrew Koenig Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Still failing on the most recent Kontakt 7 update.

• Daru925
    Daru925 Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Tried to update again today with newest defender and it still continues to flag massive X 1.4.3 and now the newest Kontakt 7.2.0 updates too as wacatac.h!ml trojan.

Not a biggie, the old versions work. I'll try again later.

• The Sarge
    The Sarge Member Posts: 125 Helper
    Options

get an email very late (nearly midnight in Italy o.O ) from IKM, so they worked on the thing too and can confirm for their product: it´s false positive and I can disregard it.

so let´s sit & wait for MS-Defender-fix

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,797 Expert
    edited March 2023
    Options

Win 10 Home. NA2 has installed Massive X successfully.

Installation of Kontakt 7 Player has failed.... No real problem for me....

• Thalys
    Thalys Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

As it is confirmed to be a "false positive" you can always temporarily disable Windows Defender online protection to perform the installation/update or wait for a Microsoft fix.