[Feature Request] - Enable Full Screen / Maximize Window in all Standalone Applications

Options
13»

Comments

• Raikro Scorp
    Raikro Scorp Member Posts: 26 Helper
    Options

Dear Kymeia,

I understand your point of view, but please, read the whole thread including the original post if you have the time. Then, maybe you will understand our point of view.

Also, if your own some of the Scarbee libraries, please, open one of them in your 5k screen. If you are able to read the text or even see the exact position of the knobs in the interface, then I really envy your visual capability.

Best regards form Barcelona,

Raik

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    Options

The Scarbee libraries don't have updated graphics yet so look bad when zoomed in Kontakt, that's true of a lot of the older libraries. I hope they will get updated but just adding a zoom, which is what you are calling 'scaling' isn't an instant fix, it's the underlying graphics that need updating too.

• Kymeia
    edited April 18
    Options

btw your original post and the thread title asks for sizing not scaling - resizing is possible now which is what so many people wanted and what I was referring to. Scaling is a work in progress and depends a lot on the individual library graphics being updated with higher res or even vector GUIs.

We are not asking here to make all plugin UIs scalable. We are not asking for the content inside the window frame to be scalable, so no plugin UI has to be modified.

We are asking for the frame itself, the "container" within the Application runs, the basic window "shape", the UI for the "motor" itself, to be resizable.

Full screen is something I have been asking for since day one.

• Raikro Scorp
    Raikro Scorp Member Posts: 26 Helper
    Options

Dear Kymeia,

I'm completely agree with you. And yes, in the first post I requested for the resizable capability, but not exactly the one you are pointing to. Please, let me explain.

By now, Komplete Kontrol UI reacts and resizes accordingly to the size of the UI of the plugin that is loaded, which is pretty cool, but you are still not able to resize the frame itself, and this was what I explained in the first post.

I mean, the interface resizes depending on the plugin / instrument, but you cannot resize it on its own. You can only do it with the browser. This feature has been present in Windows OS since.. always?

The other thing is that scaling and zooming are not exactly the same. Zooming a hard-coded bitmap-based UI will result in a pretty pixelated image. This is not that problematic with Portable Network Graphics (PNG) based UIs, which can be resized considerably, but is ways more better with vector-based UIs, which are fully scalable as you have already pointed.

All this leads to the sole option to remake the UI from scratch to all the older products.. Lot of work and lot of money..

Giving us the choice to work with the standalone applications as maximized windows or even full screen will not solve the problem, but will make it look better than just having a little floating screen pointing to nowhere in the middle of a messy screen, especially in the case of Komplete Kontrol.

As a keyboard player, songwriter, composer and producer, I spend a lot of time just with one plugin running just one single instrument without even needing to open the DAW. I love the modular effect chain in Komplete Kontrol, but I hate the pretty small screen floating there without even being able to maximize it. And I hate that it resizes whenever I change from one tab to another, problem that will not be present if we were able to go full-screen or just even maximize the window.

Imagine it, all beautiful things, pretty organized in a great peace of software. Browser on the left, Instrument + Effect chain and the visual knobs on top. Wow!

And please, don't get me wrong, Native Instruments is not the only great and big company I'm complaining about this. Take a look to Arturia's Analog Lab.. scalable? yes, but same "issue", no maximize, no full screen.

At least they don't happen to make their "Native Access" able to go full-screen, hahahah.

What makes me feel disappointed about Native Instruments in this case is that they already has these features implemented on Reaktor and even Native Acces, but they are someway somehow "unable" to replicate it to Komplete Kontrol (SW), Kontakt or Guitar Rig.

I have a touch screen enabled notebook that I use when I travel and for rehearsal at home. Can't wait to run Guitar Rig in full screen with touch capability on stage. Picture that! No other company in the marked has made it yet.. Hurry up Native, hurry up.

BTW, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. And thanks for the great conversation, I have enjoyed it. :)

Best regards form Barcelona,

Raik

• Kymeia
    edited April 18
    Options

I mean, the interface resizes depending on the plugin / instrument, but you cannot resize it on its own. You can only do it with the browser.

OK that's true but I honestly can't see the point of expanding the frame in the plugin view - I like that it wraps to the plugin, expanding the frame would just make for a lot of empty space, it would not make anything more visible. As long as it can keep up with the plugin itself resizing (and at the moment that's a bit buggy) I'm fine

I get there is a conceptual difference between zoom, size and scale but I think a lot of people don't and use them pretty much interchangeably.