[Feature Request] - Enable Full Screen / Maximize Window in all Standalone Applications

Options

Comments

• Matthew_Morse
    Matthew_Morse Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

This is not only a use-ability issue it’s an accessibility issue - an important matter!

NI - please adopt an inclusive approach to your product development by making your software accessible to all. It is common practice in modern software development and above all the right thing to do.

• Oliroarts
    Oliroarts Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I can't believe this hasn't been done yet. This is a major software issue. How can you not listen to your community about this? Maximizing and auto-adjusting to the user's screen size is not a luxury, it's plain decency. This needs to be brought up to the marketing team so they can push the devs to implement that. I'm sure marketing would be very perplexed about this lack of a simple yet essential feature.

For the love of god NI, join us in this current century please and implement this feature. I can't wrap my head around the reasoning that pushes you to not have this feature, it's completely mind blowing.

A dear NI user.

• dain
    dain Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Great thread! Thanks for articulating well what would be an easier thing to fix (the KK window frame) without any of the hard parts (High DPI fonts and UI elements inside actual instruments / plugins) to solve at least one part of the accessibility issue.

NI please prioritise this! 🙏

• REVROK
    REVROK Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

This needs to be the highest priority.

• scap
    scap Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Just downloaded for the first time, can't believe the GUI not being scalable. It's 2023!!!

• Xyenz Fyxion
    Xyenz Fyxion Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

+1 to this

• atsol
    atsol Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

Just paid for this figging program and have only just found out that I can't maximize the screen size to match my large monitor in full screen. What a mess. I'm hoping that someone can tell me how to scale it up. Please.

• Anders Juhl
    Anders Juhl Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 4
    Options

Please make at least the GUI for Komplete Kontrol browser in Logic scalable. With the extensive package of sounds, that I use in very different productions, it feels like looking at Michellangelos Last Supper through a keyhole. This has been the experience for many years, and I dont understand, why it cannot be fixed

• SteveECrane
    SteveECrane Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Nothing to add save for, what these guys said 👆️ .

The only saving grace is that it's not only NI - Steinberg's Cubase is getting ever-more unusable because of the poor ergonomics of their GUIs. Perhaps it's just the Teutonic way!!!? :-o ;-) :-)

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,747 mod
    Options

It was

I get why it's hard to implement full screen in plugins (although FabFilter seem to manage it very well it's probably going to get in the way most of the time) but in standalone products they should all be able to work full screen - it just means you get to focus just on what you are doing with no distractions

• Mark Oxley
    Mark Oxley Member Posts: 139 Helper
    Options

Still no word as to when this important update might happen? Why are NI being so hesitant in giving us such a requested and basic feature? Is it really that difficult to program? 😞

• Anders Juhl
    Anders Juhl Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Just stepping into the choir: The GUI for Komplete Kontrol browser in Logic and other DAWs must be scalable. As a producer, testing and selecting sounds is an important creative part of my work. It is truly amazing, that a feature, that you have had in so many programs FOR GENERATIONS still is not part of this otherwise fantastic platform. Please stop putting out more products and fix this now: Then I am sure N.I. will OWN the market.

• Kymeia
    Options

It is scalable already just drag the bottom right corner

• Raikro Scorp
    Raikro Scorp Member Posts: 26 Helper
    Options

Dear Kymeia,

Sorry, but I disagree with you on this. The only thing that is scalable at this point in Komplete Kontrol (SW) is the browser (which is the same we found in Kontakt 7).

Yes, the "box" containing the user interface is resizable, but the content is not resized, and this is the difference between scalable and resizable.

Let me show you..

In this screenshot you can see KK user interface with its pretty new browser.

Now, if I drag and drop in the bottom right corner it "resizes" as you pointed out. But the sole content which acts accordingly to this action is the browser. If you see it in detail, the rest of the content shown in the UI is not resized at all..

This is what we mean by saying it is not scalable.

I'm still usin Full HD displays.. Imagine having to work with it with 4k display.. That hurts..

Another example..

This is the user interface of one of the recently "surpassed" products, the original incarnation of the Rhodes Electric Piano, the Scarbee Mark I.

Oh mamma.. that interface.. And remember it is a Full HD display (1920 x 1080).. Also, the option to make the "screen" bigger is completely gone now.

Ok, what about Lounge Lizard EP-4, by Applied Acoustics Systems.

Bigger interface by default and.. wait for it.. fully scalable..

But hey! Hands up..! It is scalable only because the interface of the plugin itself is scalable. You are still not able to "scale" the main User Interface of Komplete Kontrol (SW).. Making it completely unusable in "modern-age" displays. And this sadly extent to the bast majority of Native Instruments products.

If at least we were able to resize the screen freely, or go full screen, or just even maximize it will be great.. but no option for this either. And do you know what is even better.. with the Native Access you can do all this things.. And it is just an installer assistant and library manager..

Native Access in "Window" mode..

Native Access in Maximized mode..

Native Access in "Full Scree" mode.. Yes, not possible with Komplete Kontrol, Kontakt or Guitar Rig.. but you can have Native Access in full screen mode..

That said and once explained, we all know what the problem is and we all know it is not that easy to fix.

I'm not related in any ways to Native Instruments or any of the group's companies, apart than being a "sometimes-prone-to-happy" customer, but I suspect the easier way to "fix" this problem is to make "new" products which eventually and gradually will replace the old goodies.

For example..

'Scarbee Mark I' (69,00 €) replaced by 'Electric Keys – Tines Duo' (149,00 €)

'Scarbee Pre-Bass' (69,00 €) replaced by 'Session Bassist - Prime Bass' (99,00 €)

'Scarbee MM-Bass' (69,00 €) replaced by 'Sassion Bassist - Icon Bass' (99,00 €)

And so on and on..

Ok, I get it.. it is easier that trying to break the source code of a pretty old instrument with hard-encoded bitmap-based User Interface just to make a better, bigger and resizable interface.. But.. and this is what I'm pointing out on this thread, and I pretty think almost all of us agree.. before making new products they (Native Instruments) should focus in solving this issues in their main sound engine (or motor) software.

Lets point it out..

Currently, and for a lot of time now, Native Instruments libraries are like "sound packs" driven or powered by the main motors / products.

Kontakt for sample-based instruments.

Reaktor for synthesis-based instruments.

Komplete Kontrol, the one to rule them all.

These little and powerful monsters are the real wizards that makes the magic turn into audible reality. And they do a pretty great job. That is why we are here and not looking for cat pictures on the internet.

So.. what we are asking here is for Native Instrument to make those beasty diamonds shine again. How? You will ask your-self.. Well, first step is to make their user interfaces scalable, resizable and allow us to run the stand-alone version (not the plugin version inside the DAW.. but also would be pretty to see..) in windowed mode, maximized mode and full screen mode.. They already have done that with Native Access.. Why not with Komplete Kontrol (SW), Kontakt and Guitar Rig.. Why?

And that, my friend, is why we are complaining about.

And sorry for the BIG Holy Bible.. but more than a year has gone away since I opened this thread and nothing has happened. And it is the second time I have opened a thread requesting this, first one was closed without even asking.

Yes, we are frustrated. Yes, we have invested a lot of money on this company. Yes, we need solutions.

Please, don't take it personal. I just wanted to re-share my point of view.. one year later..

Have a nice day and make something great.

Best regards form Barcelona,

Raik

• Kymeia
    edited April 18
    Options

I'm on a 5K screen - it doesn't hurt

Everyone wanted resizability in the browser so that was the priority - this was so we could see more search results. Scalability the way you want is possible in the plugin view as the interface scales with the plugin (if the plugin itself is resizable) but that sort of scaling in the browser would defeat the whole point of it being resizable as it would make everything bigger and we would be back to a shorter list of search results. I think it is planned like Zoom exists in Kontakt but there are tradeoffs.