Traktor Pro 3.8 still has flashing browser when you load tracks

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,758 mod
    Options

I know this is not very helpful but i just have to say that you have a big f***ing collection. I started culling mine when i hit the 20K mark to prevent such extensive loading times. ^^

• vsound
    vsound Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

Is there a fast way to switch back and forth between collections if I separate it out into multiple collections?

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

Nothing elegant. Close Traktor, switch out the file 'collection.nml', start Traktor. You can also use the 'import collection' function, but i don't like it, personally, and it feels as if it takes even longer that way.

• vsound
    Options

Can I use different collection file names? for example, popcollection.nml, latincollection.nml, dancecollection.nml etc.

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

Traktor only uses the one name for it's collection. Instead of giving each collection-file a name, place them inside a subfolder or zip-archive with a different name each.

Or you can give each collection file a different name, but after copying it to the Traktor folder you rename it to collection.nml.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,376 Expert
    edited July 2023
    Options

Workarounds:

• Don't filter / search
    • Don't sort playlist. Or if you need to sort a playlist, sort it, then do the thing where it saves the new order (Consolidate playlist or something like that?)

Yes, I know this might break a few workflows. But it is what we have available :(

Some also say that with Traktor 3.5 3.4 it's less.

I though about renting an advertisement billboard that you can see from the NI office. So they have to be confronted by it every day, just like their users :)))) Probably quite expensive though.

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 366 Guru
    Options

3.4 was the last one with less flashing, not 3.5

• Alex Dutch
    Alex Dutch Member Posts: 27 Member
    Options

I though about renting an advertisement billboard that you can see from the NI office. So they have to be confronted by it every day, just like their users :)))) Probably quite expensive though.

I will pay also. 🤘🙏👀

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

@vsound

1) 400k tracks is way too much.... As suggested by others, splitting to smaller parts, if possible, would help.

2) Someone stated that if one ticks that fields in playlist are not editable speeds things a lot.

3) Your PC is way, way too weak even for smaller databases....

• vsound
    Options

I was able to fix the flashing by turning off the inline editing, the search is slower in 3.90 than in 1.27 even with the same 400k collection but I can make it work since I prep all my dj sets in advance and have a written playlist I work from for each gig so I can load 4 tracks at a time and stay ahead.

If any knows any hacks to speed up the search with a large database that would be great.

Would creating a playlist in Traktor of the 100-200 songs I plan to play at a gig help lower that search time? How many playlists can be created? I never used playlists in 1.27

I didn't get a high end laptop because I won't be djing too much longer (1-2 yrs maybe) and I have other high end computers in my recording studio (where I spent most of my time these days)

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,376 Expert
    Options

Browser Flickering is now a dedicated item on the roadmap: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/5305/

With current speeds I estime it will be in a release around Q2 20024. I, for one, am exited.