Traktor Pro 3.8 still has flashing browser when you load tracks

Comments

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

Well, if it does not flicker on all/most systems, I would not call it bug. I would call it feature. Bug/incompability may be on HW or SW of affected computers.

It does not flicker on four of my Win computers (different Win versions, different CPUs). I do not have any installation that would flicker. And I have not heard any complaints about flickering from six other people I know using Traktor on Mac and/or Win.

So, it does not seem to be widespread problem. It probably affects certain setups under certain conditions and certain usecases.

• Audiowerk
    Audiowerk Member Posts: 19 Member
    edited February 2023

Be proud you have not this issue! How big is your collection file? I have it on all my systems! 1. system win10, I7 11th. generation = flickering , 2. system win7, I5 - 5th generation = flickering and 3. system win7, AMD FX 6600 = flickering ! I can`t use the search and preview function without the horrible flickering....

• Kubrak

Bit over 2 000. Some of my friends have 30 000+ and no flickering (on Mac).

As I wrote, it may be due to big database and insufficient RAM size.

• Audiowerk
    edited February 2023

In my case 18 GB RAM are insufficient ? Come on.... my collection file is over 250 mb big and i have more than 250.000 tracks (4 TB) in my collection! No flickering up to version 3.4. ! From 3.5 flickering !

• Kubrak

OK 250k tracks. It may be the reason. Sorting time rises n log n with size n, in best case. If 25k takes for example 0.01 s, 250k does not take 0.1 s, but considerably more.... You cannot beat math rules.

18 GB may be easily insufficient, depends on use case.

But OK, NI could change something since 3.4 and it affects very big collections. Because 250k is very big collection.

• andy_andy
    andy_andy Member Posts: 9 Member
    edited February 2023
  • Audiowerk
    edited February 2023

It has nothing to do with RAM size ! Because on my older win 7 systems there are only 8 GB of RAM and with version 3.4 on it - it works flawless! But the same big collection with versions 3.5 - 3.8 = flickering!

• Kubrak

250k database is pretty big. Most probably its size is source of your problems. You may try to make a test since which size troubles start. You may go down in 50k steps. It should be OK for 30k.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,736 mod

Just for reference, my collection lies at around 80k.

• Kubrak

And what CPU, RAM and OS?

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,335 Expert

Spazoo already said he can reproduce it on a collection with 65 tracks. I doubt it's ram size.

~We are working on it~

• d.j.sylvio
    d.j.sylvio Member Posts: 2 Member

Hab das selbe Problem mit dem Flackern , vorher mit Windows und jetzt mit Mac(i7) .

Das nervt schon .

• Mario453345
    Mario453345 Member Posts: 2 Member

Also got this problem - on different systems!

1. PC with WIN10 & i7 8th gen, 16GB Ram - 50 tracks collection - fresh Traktor installation
    2. Macbook Pro M1 2021, 32GB Ram with macOS 12.6.3 - 10.000 tracks collection

It's not a feature but a BUG!

• Kubrak
    edited February 2023

If it affects minority of users, it is hardly a bug.

PC with WIN10 & i7 8th gen, 16GB Ram - 50 tracks collection - fresh Traktor installation

What about antivirus? And do you use iGPU or dGPU? And what disc do you have HDD/SDD?

If it occurs with 50 track collection, there must be something very wrong with your setup. 50 track must be sorted in fraction of time even when using the worse algorithm ever.

@lord-carlos

But it is M1, it may have different cause. And it may affect more/all users. Different CPU, different GPU, big-little, .... Too many things could go wrong. In case M1 it may be bug, that has to be fixed.

Simply, I do not kow anyone among my friends using Traktor having any flicker. I believe you and others it exists, but for me it is something like mysterious Loch Ness beeing.

• Audiowerk
    edited February 2023

@Kaiwan_NI you said in a another thread that you unfortunately can't share a timeline but you can confirm that the Traktor team is working on a fix for the browser flickering issue.You'll post a thread about this soon... when will this happen????

As you can see the flickering issue is bigger than you thought and we need an solution for the big problem!