Traktor Pro 3.8 still has flashing browser when you load tracks

Comments

• SteveKDJ
    SteveKDJ Member Posts: 132 Helper
    edited February 2023

I just have to mention two things.

1. There is no blinking on other platforms, and most bugs are literally non-existent there.

2. there were no sound problems three years ago. the flashing was there even then. And regardless of how many and how many different controllers and systems you have.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I do not have blinking on Win10 and 10th gen i5 CPU. I have a collection of several thousands tracks. And my CPU is rather weak as it is passively cooled CPU, so it gets only 10-15 W at most, I guess. It is ultrabook, something more comparable to iPad, than to notebook or even PC.

I have just checked to be sure. There is no multiple redrawing when sorting lists by different collumns. It is redrawn just once and fast. I have 3.8.0, but have not experienced in any version that has been released past 6 months. Before that I have been using TP2, so no experience with TP3.

• Kubrak

I guess it is not the bug, but the feature. In case of M1/M2.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Helper
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Helper
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

The flickering started with Traktor Pro 2, not 3.5.x. I am pretty sure it has to do with Traktor filtering the collection; the bigger the file the more pronounced the flickering. The solution has probably to do with how and when Traktor triggers the filtering, how it actually does it computation-wise and wether or not (probably not) resorted playlists actually saved in memory in the new order to be read quickly instead of being sorted again and again each time the playlist is selected. Same goes for the search function and smartlists. I have the feeling that the only things traktor keeps in memory are the playlists in ascending #-order.

• Kubrak

Maybe the problem starts with certain size of collection. Two thousands are OK in my case. Absolutely no flickering or multiple redrawing.

Or it may be combination of big collection and insuffitient RAM, so that there is swapping RAM to system disc.

• Spazoo
    Spazoo Member Posts: 41 Helper

I tested with a collection of only 65 tracks and I still experienced the screen flickering.

• Kubrak

I would put M1/M2 aside. New CPU platform, new iGPU platform - many possible sources of problems... I understand it must be frustrating, but trully, one cannot expect things will work flawlessly. It might take few more years. It is too big change.

• Spazoo
    Spazoo Member Posts: 41 Helper

It's not an M1 issue. I have also experienced flickering problem on my MacBooks with Intel CPU. Thanks for your input.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,216 Expert

Jesus Christ Kubrak

We told you multiple times that different CPUs and OS are affected. Where does the obsession with hardware fault come from?

• Kubrak

I know, but there may be many different causes for flickering. M1/M2 may have some that are specific to M1/M2. That is why I said, that I would put M1/M2 aside.

If one does not know what causes flickering, it may be hardly fixed.

My system does not flicker, your does. We have the same gen CPU and Win. So, what is the difference? What causes your problems?

If I am NI programer, I could not reproduce your flickering and so fix it.... Because on my system that is very similar to yours everything is just fine.

By the way, what percentage of users has problems with flickering?

• SteveKDJ
    SteveKDJ Member Posts: 132 Helper

You are doing well. :)

What you can't understand

that one flashes and the other doesn't?

It's not an individual problem. (Logic)

It's a software bug, like it or not.

You don't need to be a software developer to figure it out.

It says so in the description:

Update your computer and update your device drivers.

We do this whether we want to or not.

Because Windows is very violent.

But, if we disable Windows installations, we still get the error.

Of course, this can apply to anyone who uses Windows. (?!)

(That's not what I hear or read.)

When I bought it, no one told me not to use it on Windows, of course no one recommended it. I was told it was good for this and that.

Everyone says M1/M2, etc., etc.

Let's be clear, this is a common and currently existing program bug.

Tractor is in 3 programs. and has nothing to do with who has what system or controller.

• Audiowerk
    Audiowerk Member Posts: 19 Member

We spend thousends of euros or dollars in buying hard - and software from NI over the years and the fukin flickering problem is known for many many years! And nothing happens! Only empty phrases from the support - we know the bug and we are working on it! How long do you gus working on it? Years,Decades??? Thats a shame NI! Many of us (i think the half of all traktor user have this fukin flickering issue) are really pissed of! Hurry up with a fix NI!