Activate Maschine 1.8 on new laptop

Options
migreva
migreva Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I bought a new laptop, and would like to activate Maschine on this new laptop. However, I don't seem to have any way of activating my Maschine 1.8 software on my new laptop.

I want to solve this problem without having to purchase the Maschine 2 software.

I have a Maschine Mk2 using Maschine software version 1.8. My old and new laptops are both Mac OSx. i restored my new laptop from a time machine backup, so i have the Maschine 1.8 app, however when i open and click "Activate" from the prompt, the app tries to find Service Center which cannot be found.

This is probably because Native Instruments has since updated to use a new app - Native Access. However, Maschine 1.8 doesn't appear for me within the Applications section of Native Access

I have tried using the "Add Serial" option from my list of Products in my Native Instruments account, but none of the serial numbers here worked (serial numbers omitted from image)

Does anyone know how to get my Maschine 1.8 software activated?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Maschine 1.8 was discontinued years ago. It is not supported on current MacOS systems, and since you have a M2 it is also not supported on these CPUs.

Answers

• red_nick
    red_nick Member Posts: 106 Helper
    Options

Have you enabled legacy products in preferences?

• migreva
    migreva Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

@red_nick great question. i had forgotten i did this, but yes i do have legacy products enabled in preferences

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 254 Newcomer
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

Maschine 1.8 was discontinued years ago. It is not supported on current MacOS systems, and since you have a M2 it is also not supported on these CPUs.

• spinitch
    spinitch Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

hey, @Jeremy_NI

even if I have Mojave 10.14.6, which supports 32bit apps, I still can’t access 1.8.2? I was using it just fine for years and years and loved it with no desire to upgrade, but my hard drive crashed. I luckily have all my files safe, but it won’t reconnect to Service Center, so I can’t register my activation key and can’t use 1.8 properly.

Also, when I try to import projects to Maschine 2, the sound is changed due to plug-in algorithms and design differences, and there are weird bugs with the midi data and arranging.

ANY help at all would be dearly appreciated. These beats mean everything to me, and even just being able to access 1.8 so I can bounce my stems and move on would mean the world. Peace and thanks

• loco__51
    loco__51 Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Hi spinitch

I have suddenly the same problem with Maschine 1.8.2 and Battery 3.2.3., but i am on Windows 10.

They worked fine on WIN 10 till last week, but suddenly my licenses got "deactivated", without changing anything on my Soft / Hardware.

All my older Projects use these older vst plugins, now i am unable to proceed with my work, because they wont load my sounds anymore.

Till now, i did not get help from the support, i created a new post and hope the issue will get solved.

Unfortunately the answer from the support is: "we dont support older products"

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@spinitch Service Center is now defunct. Service Center and Legacy Products End of Life

You could try to install Maschine 1.8.0 : MASCHINE 1.8.0

Make sure that Legacy products are enabled in Native Access. I can't guarantee it will work.

Alternatively you can update to Maschine 2 and import your Maschine 1 projects, there's another little twist, though, explained here: How to Import MASCHINE 1 Projects In MASCHINE 2

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

My colleagues got back to you with installers I believe and their answer was a little more nuanced:

Please note that the Maschine 1 software was discontinued in 2013 and therefore is not supported on Windows 10.
    There is a workaround you can try, however we do not offer guidance or support.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

And for both @spinitch and @loco__51 You could also give Native Access 1 a try: Native Access Legacy Installers for Older Operating Systems

Please note that it might have a negative impact on more recent products, it's also not guaranteed to work but if it works, it might be enough to get back your projects.

• loco__51
    Options

@Jeremy_NI

First i thank you for your fast answer. I understand that Battery 3 and Maschine 1.8 are not supported anymore. I am familiar with the online FAQ and Installation guides. With the legacy installers, as said, i successfully was able to use both VSTs on two different Win 10 Systems. So in my case it is (was) working fine, so theoretically no problem should exist. My problems are related to the licenses, not a software not running (VSTs)

Native Access showed both, Battery 3.2.3 and Maschine 1.8.2 as installed and activated.

Thank you for the Tip about Native Access 1, i will try this to fix my problems. (but hope for a better solution / workaround)

I still have some not answered questions, i hope i can find some answers here, it is important for me to keep my studio running / prevent similar issues in the future:

• Why was it working fine till last week (for about 2 years) and suddenly it tells me the license is not valid?
    • Did Native Access maybe an automatic update without telling me (in the background)?
    • Why are Battery 3.2.3 and Maschine 1.8.2 not listed anymore in Native Access?
    • For my System at home, where Battery 3.2.3 and Maschine 1.8.2 still are working: will the same happen, and i cant use them anymore? (now its my only "backup" to load older projects to see what samples were used)
    • If its not supported to activate these old versions anymore, is it possible, that Native Instruments will work on a solution, to activate them anyway in the future?
    • Maybe there is a way that someone from NI can connect to my computer and give assistance?

I understand it is not easy / possible from the software development point of view to get everything working on all systems, versions etc.

But from my point of view as a producer, working with paying customers, and paying for the software, i should be able to use what i paid for. I bought Maschine 2, to continue for the future, but not able to still use Maschine 1.8.2 to finish older projects is like losing so much work i did. Now my biggest problem is, i have to release the instrumental version of a released album, produced many years ago, and i need the flexibility to "recall" these older projects with the VSTs from NI to continue my work. I know, it would be smarter to render all VST tracks in audio, but the older VSTs were working fine until last week, so i was happy to have this flexibility.

I dont want be misunderstood, it should not be a negative meaning what i write, i just hope someone can help me so i can continue the work in my studio. I am using NI Software since i bought Komplete 7, and i appreciate your products.

Thank you

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,390 mod
    Options

Why was it working fine till last week (for about 2 years) and suddenly it tells me the license is not valid?

If you updated N.A. that could be the reason otherwise then problem could be caused by changes in the OS or it's configuration that you think not connected.

Quote VocalPoint : And despite you thinking you did nothing or updated nothing - if this was working perfectly yesterday and then suddenly not today - something has changed whether you know it or not.

Why are Battery 3.2.3 and Maschine 1.8.2 not listed anymore in Native Access?

Please refer to this post by Jeremy_NI with respect to the Machine software.

For my System at home, where Battery 3.2.3 and Maschine 1.8.2 still are working: will the same happen, and i cant use them anymore? (now its my only "backup" to load older projects to see what samples were used)

If you rely on software considered legacy and not supported then you should have some serious drive image based system drive computer backup .

If its not supported to activate these old versions anymore, is it possible, that Native Instruments will work on a solution, to activate them anyway in the future?

Most likely not

Maybe there is a way that someone from NI can connect to my computer and give assistance?

Your only other option most likely is private enterprise which is either expensive or someone that you might not want to trust or both.

• spinitch
    spinitch Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

@Jeremy_NI thanks so much for your swift response, much appreciated. Unfortunately, the legacy native access also do not work — I tried to install every version and it merely opens to a "searching for latest version" screen, doesn't find it, and nothing happens. Even trying to install 1.8.0 it gets right to then end and then says "installation failed - software not available"

Any other ideas here? I'd really really love to be able to access my old projects normally. I can convert them into Maschine 2, however, it seems the plugin algorithms have been written differently, and the MIDI data doesn't seem to play the same.

Also agree with @loco__51 - doesn't it seem unfair that we aren't able to use what we pay for? Even just for recall?

Any and all ideas and discussion are thoroughly appreciated as I continue attempting to resurrect my cherished creations that I've put thousands of hours into <3

• loco__51
    edited May 14
    Options

@spinitch

Hello, i found a way (with the help from @PoorFellow @Kubrak and @Jeremy_NI) for me to get Maschine 1.8.2 back to a "Full" license.

I am on Windows 10, if you are on Mac OS i dont know if this is helpful.

Here are the steps i did to get it back to work:

• Uninstall Native Access 3.10.3
    • Clean the registry choosing "Maschine" with the "NI Uninstall RegTool_64bit"
    • Install Native Access v1.14.1
    • Start Maschine 1.8.2 standalone

This has worked for me and i hope it may be a solution for you too.

I can not guaranteee that other (newer?) NI Products will still work after changing to the old Native Access v1.14.1.

Till now i did not found a plugin which was in "Demo" mode. But it takes some time till i have checked all plugins.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,390 mod
    Options

I can not guaranteee that other (newer?) NI Products will still work after changing to the old Native Access v1.14.1.

I have not tried this process myself but it is possible that you only needed N.A. version 1 for the actual activation and that you can switch to a newer N.A. version afterwards but I think that we should ask @Jeremy_NI , what do you think ? Could it possibly screw up it all again if uninstalling the old N.A. and reinstalling the newest version again ?

(in any case then a system drive backup of what works now wouldn't hurt to have .)