Komplete Audio 6 Mk. 2 - can inputs be changed to mono in Windows?

Manosko
Manosko Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited March 2022 in Other Software & Hardware

Hi, I tried searching the forum and the internet, but to no avail.

I have encountered a very common issue with audio interfaces, that my XLR microphone input is only recorded on the left channel.

The usual fix would be to change the input settings to mono instead of 2 channels, but it seems that the Komplete Audio 6 Mk. 2 simply does not support this option for the inputs (see screengrab).

Can that really be true, or do I simply have to get a different audio interface?

I could of course do some janky routing with software for virtual devices and such, but I would rather avoid that.

I have the latest firmware and NI drivers installed, and I am on Win11 Pro.

Any help would be appreciated!

Manosko

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Have you tried through a DAW via an audio track with audio from input 1 ? That's how I would do it.

I don't know about the process on Windows tho.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Manosko any updates on your end if setting up a mono channel help solve the issue? It sounds like your DAW is in stereo mode.

• Manosko
    Manosko Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Sadly no proper fix yet. From what I gather, some other audio interfaces have the possibility to change the input to mono on the driver level in Windows audio settings, but sadly not this one.

I could indeed reroute the audio with software and mix down or edit channels settings when using a daw, but for more general use of the interface, it seems like it’s not possible.

When using it for capturing game footage, the mic input is just stuck on the left channel by default, as you cannot separate the input channels in the Windows settings on the driver level, and the stereo/mono toggle on the interface does nothing for this issue.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓

The outputs of the Komplete Audio 6 can send mono (through one of the outputs), or stereo (using two of the outputs as a left and right).

To test to see if the signal is coming through for the Left assignment to output 1 and Right assignment to output 2, you can try connecting each output to a separate monitor to verify that signal is coming out. Here are instructions for setting up the Komplete Audio 6 to be used as your computer's system output:

Using a Native Instruments Audio Interface as System Output (Windows): https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210312005-Using-a-Native-Instruments-Audio-Interface-as-System-Output-Windows-

• RubyKaster
    RubyKaster Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

sorry to necropost but Im having the same issue. I can get input 1 to record mono audio into a DAW but when recording gameplay, my microphone only records into the left channel as if it were recording in stereo. I want to force Input 1/2 to be 2 separate mono inputs at a Windows level rather than having to use voicemeeter or a DAW to route it. Neither of the admin replies to this thread even vaguely address the issue. Is there anything I can do?

• RubyKaster
    RubyKaster Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

I don't have an option to change the Native Instruments interface input to 1 channel on windows 10. Do I have outdated drivers that fix this issue or is it just a problem with NI interfaces?