Komplete Kontrol 2.9.3 - Failure to recall instrument and settings in DAW after saving project

Options

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,064 mod
    Options

You have to zip them, then it should work - right click on a folder and add to compressed file or something like that

• toscagz
    toscagz Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

Hi Uwe,

We now excluded just the VST and then we tried excluding the complete drives (see attached). This made no difference.

We can offer you

• the new test project as we created -> saved -> reopened - lost settings. (has only 2 tracks).
    • a teamviewer sessions (would need to agree a time per DM)

• djl
    djl Member Posts: 15 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

Thanks, Uwe.

Please find attached the .cpr file per your request.

There are four instances of KK with instruments loaded on each instrument track.

See the Notepad for each instrument track where I've put the details.

On this .cpr file, all the instruments load, but there is no sound output from KK to the DAW. I can see the instrument playing and responding to MIDI input (when the Edit View is visible with the keyboard), and the VST instrument is showing a signal output in Kontakt meter on the upper right, but there is NO audio output to the DAW.

This behavior is probably important for the developer team: I can hear the preview sounds for each KK instrument when scrolling through the library sound bank on the left. Preview audio is being passing to the DAW, but as soon as I select a patch to load into the VST instance of KK, no sound is passed to the DAW, that is, no track audio is output in Cubase, even though I see the graphical audio meters responding to MIDI input in the KK VST instrument. The behavior leads me to believe the path of preview audio (that passed directly to Stereo Out) and the path of the VST instrument audio (Channel, then Stereo Out), is being treated differently by KK 2.9.3. One passes to audio via Stereo Out, the other on the KK instrument channel does not. Your development team should know what is going on here.

My standalone KK 2.9.3 has the same issue (using the Komplete Audio 2 interface with the latest 5.22.0 driver), preview sounds are passed directly to the audio output, but loaded VST patches in KK fail to produce any output sound to reach the audio driver.

On previously saved Cubase projects, created before KK 2.9.3, when the file is opened, the VST instrument in KK is still not loaded and all preset information is gone/missing/not saved. My attempt to create a new project with imported the project data still runs into the same problem with KK 2.9.3 as above - no audio from any of the KK instance to the DAW.

My entire studio production is on standby until this problem is solved. I cannot open previously saved projects with any NI KK instances and I cannot create any new projects with KK. As with Toscagz, it appears KK 2.9.3 has effectively bricked our production work. Please escalate this to your development team (and have them reach out their Steinberg liaison) to see what changed in KK 2.9.3 to cause this. I'd like not to wipe my operating system and reinstall everything from scratch, but this may my next step.

• Uwe303
    edited May 2023
    Options

kontakt looses the output settings as far as i can tell, hopefully that info helps native to fix it

P.S. native is aware of that issue and they are working on it

• toscagz
    toscagz Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

Hi Uwe,

We now excluded just the VST and then we tried excluding the complete drives (see attached). This made no difference.

We can offer you

• the new test project as we created -> saved -> reopened - lost settings. (has only 2 tracks).
    • a teamviewer sessions (would need to agree a time per DM)

Kind regards,

• Uwe303
    Options

I think this is really a bug native has to fix, so a team viewer session with me would not help, i think. As I said i tried your cpr file/cubase project and kontakt looses the output settings. I just don't understand why I don't have the issue with new projects, maybe i should try to open an older project. I will of course inform you if native has some news on that issue.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

There is a bugfix/hotfix coming soon for Komplete Kontrol and Maschine addressing this kind of issues.

• djl
    Options

Thank you, Jeremy. I'll give feedback when the update is installed.

• birdinlay
    birdinlay Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

EDIT

**So after a little time and a minor stroke…it seems to have resolved itself???? That was scary. Don’t do that again NI. 😂

Any idea on this fix timeframe? I’m hundreds of hours into a film and now EVERY cue session for nearly 80 minutes of full orchestral mock-ups now loads KK with zero instances of Kontakt!!!! If I reload, they’re gone the next time I open the session. It started happening today after I unfroze tracks in Cubase to do some edits/re-scores. When the unfreeze was done…no Kontakt. Opened a different cue with no frozen tracks….Zero Kontakt in ANY instance of Komplete Kontrol!!! This is crazy, and I’m doing my best to not flip! I’m supposed to be submitting final stems in a couple of weeks. Please help!!

I tried the exclusions recommendations earlier to no avail. I definitely need a hero!

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@birdinlay Did you install the latest Komplete Kontrol and Kontakt 7 updates?

• Uwe303
    Options

so 7.5.1 is the lates kontakt version, maybe you can send me the project with the 2 tracks you´ve mentioned earlier and i can check how it behaves on my computer

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@birdinlay I know it's been a while but are you still having this same issue? Let me know if I should put you in contact with our support.

• djl
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you Jeremy. It seems that the latest Kontakt 7 and Complete Kontrol solved the issue. The best I can determine, if a Cubase project ever had any instance of Kontakt 6 in it, then the problem persisted even if Kontak 7 was loaded. Thanks for the follow up!

Cheers!

• Loser
    Loser Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I am having the same issue with the newest version of Komplete Kontrol + FL Studio 21. Ever since updating Native Access + all NI Plugins, Komplete Kontrol fails to recall any instrument I had previously saved with the project. I am running on Windows 10 and have never had any issues until the most recent update.

If anyone has found a solution please let me know!

• Alex Niedt
    Alex Niedt Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Tried various stuff suggested here and around the web. Nothing works. I now have VST and VST3 versions of Kontakt 5, 6, and 7 installed, just in case some of my older projects were using one of these, and still I have projects that load nothing in Komplete Kontrol. I strongly disliked the direction version 3 was headed, but now I'm absolutely done with Komplete Kontrol, period.