Add search function for expansion.

swingmix
swingmix Member Posts: 114 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

Add search function for expansion.

Maschine expands more and more and is hard to find. Want to add a search function, briefly enter the name, you can find it.

Or does it have the same function now? I just can't find it?

Comments

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    edited March 2022

It is possible to search by name on NI web.

In Maschine, you may manualy choose desired Expansion. They are sorted alphabetically, so not that hard locate the desired one. But yes it could be better.

For example if one hits 'K' on keyboard, the list would jump directly to ones starting 'K'. It would do, as there is not many of them starting the same letter... That is sort of standard behaviour in majority of listmenus (or long lists of alphabetical items....) Easy to implement, no need for user interface changes and sort of functional, if there is not too many items starting the same letter.

And it could be even possible to use the fourth rotary below left maschine display (which is not used in browsing) to change the starting letter one by one up or down.

I would have use for something like that for all plugins. It would be way faster to get to plugin one needs. I have K13U CE and other plugins and it has becomed rather cumbersome to get to desired plugin/Expansion.

• Olihop
    Olihop Member Posts: 152 Advisor

Yes it would be nice to use the fourth rotary to enter a letter. But I think this fourth rotary is used for the third party library. So maybe it can be displayed by pressing shift

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

The fourth is not used while browsing. At least on Maschine Studio and Maschine Mk3, I haven't found any case.

But even if it is used sometimes, shift and knob could be possibly used.....

• Olihop
    Olihop Member Posts: 152 Advisor

Yes and find a place to display the letter on the controller screen