Download link: New Sonic Arts NKS presets

Tagged:

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,806 mod
    edited 10:54AM
    Options

Granite NKS

NewsonicArts plugins are finally in public beta for VST3 so I am making NKS for each of them (except Freestyle which isn't in VST3 yet but hopefully will be soon). These are great plugins in their own right, but also integrate well with and expand the functionality of Komplete Kontrol (they were created by the original developer responsible for Kore and Maschine).

Freestyle for example adds the ability to create multis with synths and fx and the latest beta includes Kore style morphing. Granite adds a very capable granular sampler that accepts samples dragged and dropped from the KK sample folders, and Nuance 2 and Vice 2 are also good replacements for the built in KK sampler - Nuance is a great quick sampler for creating sampled instruments from scratch, and Vice 2 is more dedicated to drum loops and loop slicing

First up is Granite

This is in the NewSonicArts folder in the NKS User Library now and includes a small number of factory patches (with previews and tagging) but the real power is in dragging in your own samples. Out of all the granular instruments I have this is the most immediate and encourages exploration and experimentation - every param has its own internal modulation and automation recording so you can easily make moving and evolving sounds from a single sample.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,308 Expert
    Options

I never heard these plugins and seem interesting.

So you think they are good additions to NI for KK. Do you suggest them?

Being you considerable quite an expert of plug-ins to use with NI I would take your suggestion. And also considering you are already thinking to “port” them for NKS User Library 👍🏼

I have some money to spend in a couple of plugins and this round I’d rather look outside of NI circle.

Any suggestion would be welcome and thank you for making me discover them

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023
    Options

Obviously the developer intends people to use them as plugins/apps in their own right but I do find for me they complement KK well and overcome shortcomings like not being able to create multis and complex chains, and the 3 samplers are relatively simple and fast to use while offering different toolsets - Nuance for example also has drum pads and can quickly create kits that I guess (although have not tried that aspect as I'm not much of a drums user) could be used in Maschine. It can also sample plugins. I'm dying for Freestyle to come out as VST3 though.

• Kymeia
    edited 10:56AM
    Options

Nuance 2 NKS

Added template and example patches for Nuance 2 now to NewSonicArts folder

Note on the template mapping - I have mapped all the 'hardwired' params the plugin includes by default but this is based on a basic default sampler setup (using the examples it comes with). If you are creating kits or more complex multi layered instruments you will obviously need different envelopes, XYs, fx etc per cell/sample. Nuance 2 has the ability to create custom automation setups by adding additional automation Ids (using right click on the param to be mapped) and once added in the plugin these will then show up as mapable params in Komplete Kontrol or Maschine but these need to be done on an instrument by instrument basis.

• Kymeia
    edited 10:57AM
    Options

Vice NKS

Added template and factory patches for NewSonicArts Vice VST3 now too

It's a cool sample slicer along the lines of Recycle and can import Rex/rx2 and midi so slice and playback rhythmic material - supports drag/drop of samples from the KK browser.